Lanai Door Hard to Close

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

I had same problem. I had to replace the rollers. Not too difficult, but door very heavy. My particular model you have to remove the lower frame to get to rollers. Once you get the lower frame off you can get the roller’s assemble out to disassemble and replace roller from the bracket.

There are three sizes of rollers. Somebody before me installed too small rollers and the adjustment was maxed out and wouldn’t lift the frame off the trace causing it to drag. How do I know this cause I brought the exact size of the old ones and then door still was hard to close. I got bigger wheels So I could raise the door off the track and have some adjustment.

After I cleaned up the trace and got the new rollers in it slide smooth as glass. You have to be careful it you do this yourself, the door heavy, remove the lower frame off the glass using block of wood and dead blow hammer. Going back together wasn’t too hard other than maneuvering the heavy door back on traces without pinching fingers or smashing toe.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTarter View Post
The rail on the track for the sliding door is aluminium and they wear un-even. You can purchase a stainless steel cap for the rail that will allow the door to glide smoothly. It is very easy to install, it just snaps over the aluminium rail.
Where to purchase one of those caps??? Thanks in advance
Closed Thread

Tags
hard, close, door, lanai, cleaned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.