Light Bulbs for Dusk to Dawn

Light Bulbs for Dusk to Dawn

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Sage

I put 3 of those CFL's in my lampost in 2011 and one is still going strong. The other 2 CFL's finally burned out and were replaced by LED's and those 2 LED's have since needed replacing. The CFL's were great and one puts out as much light as 3 of the LED's.

I just found they are still available online at lightbulbs.com, a 60 watt that uses only 13 watts and is only $3.29 apiece.

The Villages Florida

TCP 12778 - Twist (Candelabra Screw Base) Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb

Old 10-30-2019, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Robbie, I will look at these, but these appear to be a real yellow light, the CFL I have is much more white than yellow and looks very similar to the typical white post lights. Note sure if i will get reported by a troll for having a yellow post light............
Old 10-30-2019, 08:54 AM

Here's a reference leaning towards LED with a warm color temperatureas a more attractive alternative.

Do LED Lights Attract Bugs? - Super Bright LEDs

"LED bug lights are simply light bulbs with a yellow coating that decreases the color temperature of emitted light. Because of the coating, bulbs will emit a peak wavelength of light that is around 550-600 nanometers.

However, yellow-coated bulbs aren’t the only lights that can reduce the presence of bugs. LED lights that emit warm-colored illumination, such as yellow strip lights, yellow malibu light bulbs for landscape applications, or gold-tint filament bulbs, are great for creating an area that is less likely to attract bugs."

Tags
sensor, lamppost, bulb, dawn, special