A lot of post about cleaning....

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage
Question A lot of post about cleaning....

I see a lot of posts about cleaning....

My question is.... How many of The Villagers having trouble with cleaning bathrooms, grout, counter tops, calcium and lime buildup etc., have water softeners?
Old 09-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I see a lot of posts about cleaning....

My question is.... How many of The Villagers having trouble with cleaning bathrooms, grout, counter tops, calcium and lime buildup etc., have water softeners?
Will hopefully be getting a water softener installed next week!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Sage

I have a water softener. Had one in CA for 32 years. Don't have problems with calcium buildup, and not much soap buildup, just the discoloration of grout that took place in my walk in shower.

Not everyone who lives in this community has a water softener system. Not even sure they are needed. Water isn't so hard that it is apparent. Had plenty of sudsing action from soap, shampoo and washing detergent before installation.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I have a water softener. Had one in CA for 32 years. Don't have problems with calcium buildup, and not much soap buildup, just the discoloration of grout that took place in my walk in shower.

Not everyone who lives in this community has a water softener system. Not even sure they are needed. Water isn't so hard that it is apparent. Had plenty of sudsing action from soap, shampoo and washing detergent before installation.
Thanks Pooh, Your grout was one I was curious about. I wondered if it would make a difference.

We have had one for many years and just had to replace it. We didn't realize until we got the new one the old one NEVER worked right. Everything cleans much better now.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Will hopefully be getting a water softener installed next week!

Lady,

Let me know what you think after you get it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.