louder door bell

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Sage
Default louder door bell

I would like to have a louder front-door bell, I can hardly hear mine. is this something I could do myself (I'm moderately skilled) or who would do it for me?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I would like to have a louder front-door bell, I can hardly hear mine. is this something I could do myself (I'm moderately skilled) or who would do it for me?
Handieman. He is a member of TOTV. You can send him a PM, if you want to talk to him about your door bell. Or you could get a dog.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Gold member

There’s also a remote door chime. A tiny box sits on top of your door bell and is attached with two wires. The receiver plugs into any outlet in your home. When the main bell rings, so does the remote. Works great and should be available at home depot or on-line.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Default Good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
There’s also a remote door chime. A tiny box sits on top of your door bell and is attached with two wires. The receiver plugs into any outlet in your home. When the main bell rings, so does the remote. Works great and should be available at home depot or on-line.
We have one here in Illinois for our basement. It is really simple to put in and
work great and not expensive. Great idea
Old 10-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

You can go to a big box store and get one. The wiring is low voltage and very easy to do....

Frank
Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 AM

I replaced my original door bell with one of the remote door bells. I purchased it from Lowes, it requires no wiring, runs on batteries, easily installed and best of all it is very loud, and you can change the melodies of the chimes to correspond with the seasons of the year. I am pretty sure it was less than $50.00 and it took all of 10 minutes to install.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Just get one of those portable air horns for boating and leave it at the door. You WILL hear it . But really, one of the wireless units will work great and easy to install.

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Sage

We put two of the remote door chimes in my mom's house. Both work off of the same transmitter. We put one in her lanai and one in her bathroom so she can hear the doorbell when she is far from the front of her house. They work well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.