Master Bathroom Doorway

Master Bathroom Doorway

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Master Bathroom Doorway
  #1  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is online now
Gold member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 199
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default Master Bathroom Doorway

Notice - I didn't say "door." I'm looking for ideas, which might even include doors but don't have to.

Like many homes in the Villages with master bedroom suites, ours has a master bathroom with no actual door separating the sink/vanity area from the bedroom itself.

I'm not sure how folks reconcile this, having never had a master bathroom in the bedroom before. But when one of us goes to bed earlier than the other, and the later person needs to wash his face, brush teeth with the electric toothbrush, all the things you'd use a bathroom sink/vanity area for at night...

how do you do this without waking up the person who's sleeping right near the bright light of the vanity area?

Do you use a curtain? Or do you build a door? What about western style double-swinging doors? I'm looking for ideas, hopefully with pictures. And definitely affordable on a limited budget (under $200).

  #2  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:36 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,655
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Notice - I didn't say "door." I'm looking for ideas, which might even include doors but don't have to.

Like many homes in the Villages with master bedroom suites, ours has a master bathroom with no actual door separating the sink/vanity area from the bedroom itself.

I'm not sure how folks reconcile this, having never had a master bathroom in the bedroom before. But when one of us goes to bed earlier than the other, and the later person needs to wash his face, brush teeth with the electric toothbrush, all the things you'd use a bathroom sink/vanity area for at night...

how do you do this without waking up the person who's sleeping right near the bright light of the vanity area?

Do you use a curtain? Or do you build a door? What about western style double-swinging doors? I'm looking for ideas, hopefully with pictures. And definitely affordable on a limited budget (under $200).
What is the model and age of your home? I work in many homes here and don’t think I’ve ever seen a situation to which you refer.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is online now
Gold member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 199
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

We stayed in a courtyard villa in Fenney that was built like that, and we stayed in a patio villa like that somewhere around St. Charles. Our "new" (old) home in Orange Blossom Hills is a manufactured home, built in 1985. I also check on the Villages Homefinders page to get design ideas all the time and many of the photos are of bedroom/bathroom combos with no door between the bedroom and the sink area. Wherever the walk-in closet comes off of the bathroom, is where I usually see this kind of layout.
  #4  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:52 PM
thelegges thelegges is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval
Posts: 917
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default

How about a barn door, no need for door, it slides installed on wall, and slides open and closed without much space. Comes in many styles and reasonable
  #5  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is online now
Gold member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 199
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
How about a barn door, no need for door, it slides installed on wall, and slides open and closed without much space. Comes in many styles and reasonable
That might work, I hadn't even thought of it. Will have to add that to my list of design ideas, thank you so much!
  #6  
Old 03-24-2019, 03:59 PM
Garywt Garywt is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

We have a pocket door so we can slide it if we want but generally if one of us is asleep, it does not bother us to have the light on. We sleep with the tv on so other things are not an issue.
  #7  
Old 03-24-2019, 04:14 PM
thelegges thelegges is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval
Posts: 917
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That might work, I hadn't even thought of it. Will have to add that to my list of design ideas, thank you so much!
Your welcome, even if you need to put furniture in from of the slide you only need about 3 inches from the wall. A pocket door is fabulous, however not in the budget you are looking at.
  #8  
Old 03-24-2019, 05:00 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is online now
Gold member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 199
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Yeah we would've been set with a pocket door. But the barn door idea is basically the same, except inside out (and much less expensive)!
Closed Thread

Tags
master, bathroom, bedroom, door, area

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.