microwave non-turntable

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts
Default microwave non-turntable

I have a mystery with the GE JVM1850CH original microwave. I noticed that the turntable isn't turning anymore. Cleaned all the guide etc and it didn't help. So I ran it briefly with no plate and the coupler is not spinning. If I manually spin the coupler then try again, the mechanism runs but not the next time. So each use requires the manual spin of the coupler. Here is my question... Is this the turntable motor going bad or it this a problem with the main circuit board? For $40 I can get a new turntable motor and that would be a cheap fix, until I have to get help from a repairman to actually install it.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I have a mystery with the GE JVM1850CH original microwave. I noticed that the turntable isn't turning anymore. Cleaned all the guide etc and it didn't help. So I ran it briefly with no plate and the coupler is not spinning. If I manually spin the coupler then try again, the mechanism runs but not the next time. So each use requires the manual spin of the coupler. Here is my question... Is this the turntable motor going bad or it this a problem with the main circuit board? For $40 I can get a new turntable motor and that would be a cheap fix, until I have to get help from a repairman to actually install it.

https://www.appliancezone.com/Search...otor+Couplings

Replaced mine last year... very easy to do.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

It is an easy fix...all done from the bottom...only a few screws to remove to get to the motor.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.