Drain Holes

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square
Default Drain Holes

While scrubbing my bird cage I noticed the rinse water pooling on the out side edge. Is there a method of adding weep holes or drain holes for the water to drain out side. I seem to recall a guy who installs drain holes in Lanais and bird cages. Thanks for any help..
Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 PM

If your lanai/bird cage has the screwed down aluminum channel on top of the concrete and that's what's blocking the waters escape, try this.
Note where the water pools the deepest and loosen the three closest screws 2-3 turns. Slip something thin like a coin under (both sides) of the channel at that point to hold it up slightly off of the concrete and tighten back down. Water goes out and the critters stay out.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Sage

just drill a 1/4" hole thru the bottom of the aluminum
Old 11-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts
Default Hope this helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the square View Post
While scrubbing my bird cage I noticed the rinse water pooling on the out side edge. Is there a method of adding weep holes or drain holes for the water to drain out side. I seem to recall a guy who installs drain holes in Lanais and bird cages. Thanks for any help..

Here is a copy of a post from Sept. and my reply:

Lanai Drainage Options
Old 12-29-2014, 03:08 PM

Don't loosen aluminum base channel nor drill holes in it or in the deck ... all are bad ideas! Instead call my friend, Mike McGeachy (villages resident) Cell: (954) 684-9854. He sells DIY drains for screen enclosures you can install or he will install them if you wish! They are called "Pestguard Watergates" and come either in white or bronze colors.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wilson View Post
Don't loosen aluminum base channel nor drill holes in it or in the deck ... all are bad ideas! Instead call my friend, Mike McGeachy (villages resident) Cell: (954) 684-9854. He sells DIY drains for screen enclosures you can install or he will install them if you wish! They are called "Pestguard Watergates" and come either in white or bronze colors.
My neighbor had a drain Mike McGeachy install a drain in his enclosure and was extremely happy with the product and work.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Odd, after reading this yesterday I called Mike early this morning to get two of these drains installed today for $130.00. Mike took my name, address and phone number and said he would call me 30 minutes before coming out this morning. I never saw or heard from him again!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:02 PM

Turned out to only be a miscommunication as they had my phone number written down incorrectly. Mike's crew came out today and installed 3 drains in my lanai. I was surprised to see how well constructed they are and that they are made of metal, as I had seen a sample of another simiiar product that someone makes in tv that is made of plastic. These metal drains blend right in with the bronze frame of my lanai and they are actually hard to spot and tell that pieces were cut out of my frame and drains added in place! These are really useful items to have installed, especially if you are having problems with standing water or you want to wash the surface of your lanai occasionally .
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.