Paver Driveway Repair

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Default Paver Driveway Repair

Has anyone ever fixed a paver driveway ?

i have a thin paver driver and the edges are for the most part stuck on with what i think is concert .. but now there is a bunch that have become unstuck , and i am tring to figure out how to fix it them.

the guy at home depot sold some construction advise witch i think should work , but wanted to check before i used it and messed up the driveway ..

so any advice ?

thanks for the help ..
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned
Default I don't know but

I would talk to one of the companies that install pavers. I think they would offer help with your problem. I would even stop buy a job site and ask the foreman what they are using.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Platinum member

I'm sorry, but I just can't help but wonder what kind of advice you were sold at Home Depot.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 AM

I have tried calling companys that do paver installs and most use thick paver on driveways and the few people i did talk , wanted to come fix the problem for a small fee ..

I am only talking about 1/2 a dozen pavers at the most , i think i can do it myself , if i know what to use to stick them back down ..

i give credit to the home depot guy for helping , but the reason i question his way of fixing it , is because on saturday when out and about , i saw a guy fixing his and he had some grey paste looking stuff .. but by the time i stoped back by to ask him he was gone ..

so no other advice ?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage

ST ---

We have the thin pavers from Old World Pavers.

The perimeter/edge pavers are "cemented" to the underlying concrete with some type of epoxy ... (you'd have to call them to find out).

It wasn't totally clear from your post whether your 'loose' pavers were the cemented ones around the perimeter or the interior pavers.

In our case, the 'interior' pavers are not cemented down. There is a very fine silica sand that is swept into the cracks between the pavers and this is what holds them together. We freshen up this silica sand once a year. These pavers do get loose as the sand gets washed away over time.

Hope this helps....
Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 AM

Thanks Villages07

yea the edge pavers are the ones that were cemented down or held down by something , and now there coming up ..

that is what i need to fix , the middle ones are fine there not going anywhere ..
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Sage
Default Try Home Depot or Lowes

There is a masonry adhesive that comes in a tube like caulk. You'll need a caulking gun to apply a bead of adhesive to the paver and press it down on the driveway until it is level. Should dry in a day. Check to make sure our PM rain won't affect it.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Default Pavers

I have used "liquid nais" to adhere the loose pavers and it seems to work well.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Default pavers

That gray stuff you saw was called thin set, you can use a epoxy additive but don't try to pick them up after using this epoxy because you will probably take the concrete with you. I would try one with thin set first and see if it holds.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 AM

I am an installer in Arkansas and I would just use thin set, small amount will hold it just make sure when you put it down you make sure its level with the ones next to it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.