Plug and play hot tubs

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts
Default Plug and play hot tubs

Does anybody know the rules for hot tubs, I can't find in villages online information. My house is wired for hot tub. I am thinking about getting 115V plug and play hot tub with circuit breaker built in the plug and of course I have the separate circuit breaker (115V) also.

I guess the question is? do I need permit and plans for 115V plug and play hot tubs? Which my house came with hot tub and I got rid of it after it no long feasible to repair?
Old 09-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Does anybody know the rules for hot tubs, I can't find in villages online information. My house is wired for hot tub. I am thinking about getting 115V plug and play hot tub with circuit breaker built in the plug and of course I have the separate circuit breaker (115V) also.

I guess the question is? do I need permit and plans for 115V plug and play hot tubs? Which my house came with hot tub and I got rid of it after it no long feasible to repair?
VCDD Community Standards

All sorts of info.
Place for Q. & A.
Phone #
Email
Old 09-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
VCDD Community Standards

All sorts of info.
Place for Q. & A.
Phone #
Email
yes, I looked there and even done the search for ?HOT TUBS" Can't find where it says if I have to have permit to replace my hot tub? I guess I'll call them see if they can contact me with someone who has the answers?
Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
VCDD Community Standards

All sorts of info.
Place for Q. & A.
Phone #
Email
Thanks for reply

yes, I looked there and even done the search for ?HOT TUBS" Can't find where it says if I have to have permit to replace my hot tub? I guess I'll call them see if they can contact me with someone who has the answers?
Old 09-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Thumbs down Omg !!!

Our neighbor had one and I wanted to commit a crime because the constant "DRONE" of the pump motor. They finally got rid of the thing and I wanted to throw party....
Old 09-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Our neighbor had one and I wanted to commit a crime because the constant "DRONE" of the pump motor. They finally got rid of the thing and I wanted to throw party....
So no neighbors have a pool close to you? Different noise just more of it.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Call Sumter County, building department, or stop by (Pinellas Plaza, copper topped building), they are the experts. I have a larger hot tub (240 v 4 -5 people), it required 2 permits, the first for the new 240 connection, and the second was a SPA permit. The Spa permit covers things like proper grounding of anything metallic within 7(?) feet of the spa, and the use of NON tempered glass in the area of the spa, and the location of other electrical devices within reach of people in the spa.
IMHO, I would err on the side of safety, ask about the permit, then if they say yes it is required, talk to the building inspector so you do not get blindsided.
Hope this helps

PS, and this is a biggie, do NOT, repeat DO NOT rely of a spa installer to get the correct permits, I know from first hand experience.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:50 AM

I just purchased a Plug and Play from Florida Spa and Pool in Leesburg a few months ago. No permit was needed and I absolutely love it. Very low maintenance and super quiet. Their number is 352-787-7665. Talk to Micah-great customer service!
Old 09-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
IMO no different than neighbors old A/C unit right next to bed room whining up and down. The hot tub I had the jet pumps didn't run unless you turned them on. The small flow pump/heater was silent.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceygolf View Post
I just purchased a Plug and Play from Florida Spa and Pool in Leesburg a few months ago. No permit was needed and I absolutely love it. Very low maintenance and super quiet. Their number is 352-787-7665. Talk to Micah-great customer service!
That's the answer I was looking for. Does 115v hot tubs need permit? I know 220v do. I will still call and find out for sure before I buy. Thanks was going to stop there as see what they got.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Call Sumter County, building department, or stop by (Pinellas Plaza, copper topped building), they are the experts. I have a larger hot tub (240 v 4 -5 people), it required 2 permits, the first for the new 240 connection, and the second was a SPA permit. The Spa permit covers things like proper grounding of anything metallic within 7(?) feet of the spa, and the use of NON tempered glass in the area of the spa, and the location of other electrical devices within reach of people in the spa.
IMHO, I would err on the side of safety, ask about the permit, then if they say yes it is required, talk to the building inspector so you do not get blindsided.
Hope this helps

PS, and this is a biggie, do NOT, repeat DO NOT rely of a spa installer to get the correct permits, I know from first hand experience.

Thanks, I live in Marion county and getting 115v cause my house already hardwired for it. If will still call or go talk to the authorities to make sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
hot, plug, play, 115v, tubs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.