Potential garage door opener problems

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts
Default Potential garage door opener problems

I have helped a few neighbors with garage door problems, and decided to share the most recent problem that caused the neighbor to have to replace the opener. This was a loose set screw. Please see the PDF attachment for details.
Hope this helps. VT
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Potential garage door opener problem.pdf (403.6 KB, 337 views)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:15 PM

what brand is this opener? i have found the mvp brand to buy parts on amazon , remotes are 6$ ,, locally. they sell for 46$ could you put lock tite. to prevent this vibrating loose again? i have had the capacitor blow a couple times because it was put up and down when a relay was chattering ,, easy fix if i have purchased parts from amazon the place on rolling acers road is outrageous on price!
Old 05-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

DietPepsi, This was an MVP, sorry I should have included that in the info, also a fairly new unit, less then 4 years old.
As a follow up, I checked our units, and all set screws were tight. Yes, locktite will help keeping the set screws tight. Would NOT help with the lag bolts.
You are correct on the prices, the price for a replacement circuit board was over $123, my neighbor purchased a new garage door opener for under $140, and the 2 of us installed in a couple of hours.

Tags
garage, door, opener, problems, screw

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.