Pressure Washer PSI

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2021, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

I will add one additional word of caution, if you have any electronics (cameras, ring door bell, electronically controller lights, electronic door locks, etc) most of these items are rated for normal rain, and may not stand up to 1700 psi and higher water pressure. I have had first hand experience where I did not remove or mention to the contractor about these devices, and ended up with a few failures a month or 2 later. All had internal corrosion damage that could not be repaired.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
My CYV will be 10 years old in May and for most of that time I've borrowed a neighbor's pressure washer about every 3 years to do my driveway, back and side patios. The neighbor is a great guy and let's everybody on the block use his washer. It's used at least 10 times a year and he's never any problems with it not working or starting every time.

It's Sears model but it has a Honda gas engine. Last summer I decided to get my own, I like to do it yearly since the concrete gets black so quickly and I would feel guilty asking my neighbor that often even though he said no problem, just buy the gas.

I studied Lowe's, Home Depot, Rural King, Harbor Freight, Amazon and Walmart websites reading at least a hundred reviews of power washers. I was leaning toward a Honda engine since my neighbor's has worked so flawless so many times and the biggest complaint on most gas washers is they won't start, only started first time out, or something involving the motor.

My neighbor bought one of those buffer heads a couple of years ago, and for doing big areas it's a life saver. You don't miss any spots like can with a wand, sometimes you don't see the spots missed until the water dries. The buffer head also cuts the speed of the job at least in half, so that was an option I definitely wanted.

After all that research I came up the Ryobi 3000 PSI 2.3-GPM Honda Gas Pressure Washer at Home Depot for $369. I wanted not to go over $300 but this one had great reviews, had the exact same Honda engine as my neighbor's and is 3000 psi. Also they had a matching buffer head for $69 and it's worth every penny. Another feature, my neighbor's unit has a bunch of different sprayer heads for the wands and they were getting misplaced or lost. This unit comes with a single variable 5 selector sprayer head that's right on the wand all the time, you won't lose it and it switches to another setting in a second. So you want a wider path for vinyl siding choose the 40 degree, it's there, a pin point spot for a hard to clean area, it's there as well as soap and a couple of others. Another feature is the 35' hose, most pressure washers and almost all electric models come with only a 25' hose. This makes the need for stopping and moving the unit less necessary and you can work further from the unit.

The Lady Lake HD has 8 in stock at this very moment. They do sell a combo of the washer and buffer for $429 but you would have to order it, they don't stock the combo. The buffer head they have 24 in stock at Lady Lake. However, if you're a veteran, just ask do you match Lowe's 10% veteran discount and I got off over $50 with a military ID card.

Ryobi Pressure Washer Home Depot

The Villages Florida

The 35' hose is great when using the buffer style sprayer head

The Villages Florida

For vinyl siding use the 40 degree spray, for tougher jobs use 25 or 0 and you can select soap as well

The Villages Florida
As a newbie to TV it is great to read these forums when you (John W) have responded. You always have great and informed knowledge to help in most situations. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
pressure, psi, washer, driveway, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.