replacing mirror

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Gold member
Default replacing mirror

How hard is it to take off the standard bathroom mirror? Is it glued on? I would like to replace at least one of ours with a decorative or antique mirror.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
How hard is it to take off the standard bathroom mirror? Is it glued on? I would like to replace at least one of ours with a decorative or antique mirror.
They place an adhesive at random - probably spaced each two feet or so - and that holds the mirror in place. They took one out of our bathroom while they installed granite countertops, didn't seem to be a big deal. They had more of a problem with the light fixtures above, they had to be moved to reinstall the mirror.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Gold member

Thanks for that idea (adding molding). Any chance you can post a picture? Did he just glue it on top of the edge of the mirror, or just outside the edge?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Default Great idea!

I LOVE the idea of adding molding (I am an HGTV nut!) to the mirror. We will be moving down sometime early next year and this will definitely go on the "honey-do" list!

I am also thinking of etching a design of some kind into the glass. We have a small hummingbird in the corner of our bathroom mirror now and I really like it. (I will be replacing that mirror in the house here so I can bring it with us!)
Old 10-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Gold member

There is a company in Spanish Springs that advertise adding the mouldings to the mirrors and when I researched it on line, found a company that you can buy the mouldings yourself too. Sorry I forgot the name, but I think I just googled moudlings for mirrors and came up with the hit.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Alan Byer and a friend removed our bathroom mirror last week. It was glued in four places, but popped right off in one piece. Had to repair the wall where the glue was.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rsetterlund Send a message via Skype™ to rsetterlund

Has anyone replaced the mirror with a medican cabinet? We will be painting the bathroom this year and would like to replace the mirror before. This would give tons more storage space and bring the mirror closer, not seeing like a use to.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:38 PM

We didn't actually replace the mirror, but we each have a medicine cabinet over our sinks. Obviously, we have double sinks in our bathroom, and when we designed our house, I ordered it that way. I've had the large mirrors and, personally, I hate cleaning them. I have some palm tree decorations between the mirrors, and we really like the setup.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.