Rules for sheds?

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Question Rules for sheds?

We have bought a Melrose (Courtyard Villa) and we have a question. I seem to recall that it is acceptable to have a shed in the yard (behind the wall/fence in our case), as long as it is attached physically to the house. Is this the case, or am I mistaken. If it is permitted, has anyone out there done this? What advice can you offer?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
We have bought a Melrose (Courtyard Villa) and we have a question. I seem to recall that it is acceptable to have a shed in the yard (behind the wall/fence in our case), as long as it is attached physically to the house. Is this the case, or am I mistaken. If it is permitted, has anyone out there done this? What advice can you offer?
I want to know about this also but I question how anyone would know what kind of shed you might be using if it is "behind closed walls" and not tall enough to be seen over the fence?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I have a friend who was told they had to take an outdoor wall decoration off their villa in the back.

I would call and find out before you take on any expense.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Veteran member

You should talk to ARCHITECTUAL REVIEW.
I haven't visited them in a few years but in 2007 they were in the 1st building on Laurel Manor Ln off 466.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
You should talk to ARCHITECTUAL REVIEW.
I haven't visited them in a few years but in 2007 they were in the 1st building on Laurel Manor Ln off 466.
Rules are pretty strict here...I'd be surprised if a shed would be allowed!! It would be wise to check with the "powers that be" before embarking on this project. I would think if you read your contract too...you would see what's what.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Sage

No sheds without approval from He Who Makes the Rules.

Don't forget that technically, your neighbour has the right to gain access to his side of your property, within "your walls". For instance if he wanted to paint. Of course you have the same right with your neighbor on the other side. Rarely necessary.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 AM

Sheds are pretty much a no-no here but you can go to the architectural review board and see if you can convince them to let you have one.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Sage

Why not read the deed restrictions for your district?? They're usually pretty clear.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Here is the site for AR & Deed Compliance.
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...standards.aspx
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.