Polyblend Grout Renew Colorant--Does it work?

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Sage
Default Polyblend Grout Renew Colorant--Does it work?

Polyblend #10 Antique White 8 oz. Grout Renew Colorant

I want to use it on my tile floor grout line. Has anyone tried it? There are many colors to pick from but I want the color that looks like the original one. What color is that? What did you use to "paint" it on?
Here is a youtube demonstration.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM

I used it in last house. It worked great. I applied using a ketsup / mustard refill bottle and finished with child’s toothbrush. Still looked good two years later when that house was sold.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:38 PM

I used it on both floor and shower grout, with excellent results. Colors are limited so I mixed 2 to get the color I wanted, matching the tile. I don't like grout lines.

The ketchup bottle sounds like a good idea. I just used a small toothbrush. Wear gloves, it will destroy your skin. Also, wipe excess before it dries.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I used it on both floor and shower grout, with excellent results. Colors are limited so I mixed 2 to get the color I wanted, matching the tile. I don't like grout lines.

The ketchup bottle sounds like a good idea. I just used a small toothbrush. Wear gloves, it will destroy your skin. Also, wipe excess before it dries.
Is it best to let it dry a little, set up before wiping the tiles so I don't wipe out the paint I just put down? I think I'll start in the laundry room.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Gold member

It is fast and EZ!
I’ve done our master bath floor and walk in shower. Guest shower is next.
I never realized how nasty our grout looked before.
Those are the only tiled areas in our house. We intentionally used the minimum amount of tile in our home. Our joints can’t take the impact.
The grout fix was much easier and faster than I had expected. Should have done it earlier.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:01 PM

Before you paint over dirty grout, try this. Make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Put it one the grout (I used an old toothbrush) let sit 10 min. Scrub with the toothbrush, wipe clean with a damp sponge. It removes most grout stains!
Closed Thread

Tags
grout, color, polyblend, renew, demonstration

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.