Trying to match ktchen cabinets

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Default Trying to match ktchen cabinets

Is there a store or shop that has resale of old kitchen cabinets pulled out of older Village homes? I'd like to match the bisque color I already have, with either an island, or old matching floor cabinet I can use against a bare wall. I'm thinking of something similar to the Habitat for Humanity store we have up North. Anything in the area?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Gold member

Not sure what you have in mind. I'm sure you can find used kitchen cabinets. Perhaps, on craigslist or talk fo the villages. To match cabinets you already have will be more difficult.

A start would be to research the age of your place and who would have been the manufacturer of your cabinets. Home depo can match a paint chip that you remove from a hidden spot on your cabinet BUT it will not match in all light conditions.

You will probably be happier with a contrasting finish-wood finish or different color all together.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:56 PM

we have an older home and removed a door from the cabinet, and had the color matched at home depot. we then painted other pieces in the kitchen the same color along with changing all the hardware, and everything looks well blended. I'd suggest that may be easier than trying to find a matching cabinet. good luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
store, match, cabinets, bare, wall, matching, floor, cabinet, thinking, north, area, similar, habitat, humanity, island, kitchen, pulled, resale, shop, older, village, color, bisque, ktchen, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.