Tv wall mount

Tv wall mount

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Tv wall mount
  #1  
Old 02-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 4,118
Default Tv wall mount

Live in block and stucco CYV. thinking about mounting 42" flat screen on the bedroom wall.. questions is? It's outside Wall. Are their two by four studs in the wall or metal studs? And how hard is it to hit metal studs, I don't know it my stud finder detects metal? I've never seen behind the drywall on outside wall on block/stucco? Any thought?

  #2  
Old 02-05-2018, 12:01 AM
John_W John_W is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Live in block and stucco CYV. thinking about mounting 42" flat screen on the bedroom wall.. questions is? It's outside Wall. Are their two by four studs in the wall or metal studs? And how hard is it to hit metal studs, I don't know it my stud finder detects metal? I've never seen behind the drywall on outside wall on block/stucco? Any thought?
This thread might provide some info Anyone know if the homes in Fenney are built using metal studs?
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 02-05-2018, 06:35 AM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,654
Default

In those situations you use Tapcon’s (or similar concrete screws) 3 3/4”. Drill through the drywall and eventually in to the block. The inside of block walls have small furring strips, so you cannot use them. I do this kind of work all the time, so feel free to private message me if you’d like more assistance or have questions.
  #4  
Old 02-05-2018, 08:04 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,980
Default

Have you considered just placing the tv on a piece of furniiture? I have never mounted a tv on the wall. Most wall mounted tvs I have seen are too high for comfortable viewing.
  #5  
Old 02-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 4,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
In those situations you use Tapcon’s (or similar concrete screws) 3 3/4”. Drill through the drywall and eventually in to the block. The inside of block walls have small furring strips, so you cannot use them. I do this kind of work all the time, so feel free to private message me if you’d like more assistance or have questions.

I was afraid of that, guess I'll just put the larger one on top of the dresser where the old one was. That's from reply'.
  #6  
Old 02-05-2018, 03:47 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 4,953
Default

I have 70 inch flat screen hung off 3 metal studs on an outside wall, no problems. send me a PM if you want the details. PS this TV weighs around 70 pounds. Took 2 of us to lift it over the furniture and place it on the wall.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #7  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:17 PM
MrGolf MrGolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 352
Default

One creative guy Dave. Why am I not surprised you could tackle and achieve it. Not worried about condensation hanging on an outside wall?
  #8  
Old 02-05-2018, 06:32 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 4,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
One creative guy Dave. Why am I not surprised you could tackle and achieve it. Not worried about condensation hanging on an outside wall?
Did I make a mistake, I thought the OP was mounting INSIDE on an outside wall. In any case, I have TV wall mounted both inside and outside the house, The outside TV in in the lanai under cover, no problems so far.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #9  
Old 02-05-2018, 07:40 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have 70 inch flat screen hung off 3 metal studs on an outside wall, no problems. send me a PM if you want the details. PS this TV weighs around 70 pounds. Took 2 of us to lift it over the furniture and place it on the wall.
How do you have metal studs on an outside wall? If you have a stucco home, exterior walls have rigid insulation and basically furring strips. Your home must be an anomaly here
  #10  
Old 02-05-2018, 08:00 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I was afraid of that, guess I'll just put the larger one on top of the dresser where the old one was. That's from reply'.
It’s not a big deal. But NEVER hang a TV on metal studs
Closed Thread

Tags
wall, metal, studs, hard, live

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.