Water heater?

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2022, 06:45 AM

You need new one maybe.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
Thanks, everybody. The reset worked. I'm trying to get my warranty company to replace it, assuming it happens again. Happy Fourth!
It's best to replace it. Even if you fix it, it's at the end of its life and you are gambling that it will last a few more years and not flood your home. Not worth it.

You may here people saying their hot water heater lasted 20 years but you will also hear about the ones that never changed their heater and it eventually leaked or burst causing all kinds of damage. Typically hot water heaters last as long as they are guaranteed, about 6-12 years depending on your model. You can see the warrenty on the label. Its always best to replace it at your convenience a year or so after the warrenty has ended since the cost will be the cheapest. If you wait and need emergency replacement you will pay extra for that service, i've seen 2x in some cases. And if it leaks or bursts you will have that to clean up and repair as well.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Your heater is waaay past it’s expected life span. Get a tankless heater. They’re good for 20 years, maybe outliving you! I’ve had them in four houses over the past 25 years, would never go back to a tank heater. Gas bill went down by about one-third.

Call Allan Curry Plumbing. (352) 427-7036.

They install and service tankless heaters. Service amounts to “descaling” the heater every 3-4 years for about $150.
If they have an electric hot water heater it will be costly to replace it with a tankless heater since the electric service to the heater will need to be upgraded and electric tankless is not that good. If they have gas and the gas is close to the heater and they have an easy way to vent then it might work.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
I don’t think I would call this a typical DIY project, 11+ years of rust on the element assembly plus the fact that it’s being supplied by 220 volts, it may be on a concrete floor, you are standing on the concrete floor and it’s water heater.
None of these combinations are good.
Press the reset button if it doesn’t reset call a qualified electrician.
All got to do electric water heater trip the breaker and unplug it from 220V source. That removes ALL power to Heater. Now if it’s hard wired they yes more complicated. I highly doubt any electric water heaters are hard wired?
Old 07-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
All got to do electric water heater trip the breaker and unplug it from 220V source. That removes ALL power to Heater. Now if it’s hard wired they yes more complicated. I highly doubt any electric water heaters are hard wired?
All electric water heaters are hard-wired.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yea but villagetinker, you first have to trouble shoot the elements to find out if it’s the upper or lower element, unless you think they should just change them both!
Old 07-05-2022, 10:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
All electric water heaters are hard-wired.
Maybe in Florida, I don’t know cause I have gas. In my previous state they had dryer cord connection. The installer had to transfer the cord or you brought new one.
Old 07-26-2022, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Broward is a SCAM!! They will try to avoid paying out as happened to me - you have been warned!

They all do that, most have fine print says they don’t have to pay till you have insurance for so many years? Ponzi schemes IMO.
Old 07-26-2022, 09:54 AM
Default How to reset water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
My State Select water heater is 11 years old. It stopped working a few weeks ago and Broward came out and "reset it." It worked for about 4 weeks but has now stopped heating water. Can I reset it myself?
=====================
I found this on the web -
Locate the large red button marked "Reset" at the center of your State water heater's control circuit panel. Firmly press the "Reset" button to manually reset your water heater. Once your water heater has been reset, it may take between 12 and 24 hours for your water heater to resume normal operation.
Locate the large red button marked "Reset" at the center of your State water heater's control circuit panel. Firmly press the "Reset" button to manually reset your water heater. Once your water heater has been reset, it may take between 12 and 24 hours for your water heater to resume normal operation.

There may be other info on the web as I took these from the top results.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, reset, heater, weeks, stopped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.