Wood carving tools sharpening

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2022, 02:10 PM
Default Wood carving tools sharpening

Shout out to experienced wood carvers. I would like to have a carver who is knowledgeable at sharpening his carving knives, gouges and v tools to contact me. I have been getting an edge but nowhere near the sharpness required for carving tools. I am definitely doing something wrong and can use some help.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
Shout out to experienced wood carvers. I would like to have a carver who is knowledgeable at sharpening his carving knives, gouges and v tools to contact me. I have been getting an edge but nowhere near the sharpness required for carving tools. I am definitely doing something wrong and can use some help.
I'm old school, and sharpen with Arkansas stones, no machines, no jigs, and will be pleased to show you how to get razor sharp edges on any sort of carving tool, pocket knife, axe, adze, woodworking plane, etc.

Might require a ride in whatever kind of "Z" you have.

Contact info sent via Private Message.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:56 PM

Thanks for response. How familiar are you with sharpening carving knives, gouges and v tools.

Tags
tools, carving, wood, sharpening, required

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.