hip replacement

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Default hip replacement

I am looking for a good surgeon for hip replacement in or around the Villages. Any imput recommendations??
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Eternal Member

I'm sure that this is of absolutely no help - but, Dr. Berger at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush in Chicago does a total hip replacement as outpatient surgery (typically). His waiting room is full of patients from all over the country with their luggage. He is an arrogant guy and in his case it's totally appropriate. Many of the artificial hips currently in use - he developed.
When he did my hip - all he accepted was bc/bs. A 7am replacement and you are forced to do stairs by noon or 1 pm. Out by 5pm after several long walks. Good luck - the key is movement asap and - despite the pain - ever day. Day 2 is the hardest...it's when the swelling kicks in. Take the good drugs and walk. The more you move...the quicker the swelling goes down and the better you will feel.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Izzarelli View Post
I am looking for a good surgeon for hip replacement in or around the Villages. Any input recommendations??
My husband is facing this surgery and after much research and talking to people who have had the hip replacement locally, we have appointments with Dr. James B. Duke, Orthopedic Surgeon, Ocala, Florida 34471 (352) 867-0444 and Dr. Joseph Richard Locker, Orthopedic Surgeon, Ocala, Florida 34471
(352) 620-1900.

We have heard excellent reports on both of these surgeons and we will make our decision based on personal preference.

He attended a seminar recently on hip replacements and the surgeon giving the seminar said the surgery is now so commonplace it is just a matter of finding someone you trust.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 PM

Glad to see some suggestions. Mom went to Tampa so that will not help you but she had her hips done about one year apart but she waited so long due to being scared about the mind and being put under, etc. etc. She had surgery her last hip done in August and walks like a new person now for past two months. She is 80 and looks like the years have been rolled back for her 60s.

Good luck to you and go for it!!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM

Dr John willams, Tri County Orthopedics. He is awesome!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE05091 View Post
Dr John willams, Tri County Orthopedics. He is awesome!!!
Better than awesome!!! Great credentials and a really nice guy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.