Unova orthopedic karina

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2018, 04:08 AM
Default Unova orthopedic karina

I went to Dr Katrina based on his excellent reputation. Talk about nasty! The man made us wait 2 hours before seeing him then when in his office he takes a personal phone call for like 10 minutes. I mention the wait in the lobby to see him & he becomes very very nasty. He uses very fowl language a street thug would use! And proceeds to scream at me about if I don't like it he can just throw me out of his office. He has a " great then thou" attitude. He is just one nasty son of a b**ch. Never again!!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie0720 View Post
I went to Dr Katrina based on his excellent reputation. Talk about nasty! The man made us wait 2 hours before seeing him then when in his office he takes a personal phone call for like 10 minutes. I mention the wait in the lobby to see him & he becomes very very nasty. He uses very fowl language a street thug would use! And proceeds to scream at me about if I don't like it he can just throw me out of his office. He has a " great then thou" attitude. He is just one nasty son of a b**ch. Never again!!!!

I had the same experiences.
The COO/CEO Steve Roth was terminated last week from UNOVA and Dr. Kerina is now acting Chief Medical Officer and in control of this Facility on Rolling Acre's which is the only facility in the USA
He acted as a thug to me as well as you said and unprofessional including incompetent.
Furthermore the staff Operation manager Kendria Wil*iams-Hart is also rude and unprofessional including the records department Gina and Maria.
When the upper management is out of control the Indians will follow!
Now for the Facts!!!
UNOVA is owned by Francesco Siccardi an attorney in Europe which also Siccardi is the VP of Medacta which is a Swedish company that is a medical company that makes appliances for hips and other extremities and has a non evasive process for hip replacements.
This is clearly a conflict of interest.
Medacta COO/CEO is Eric Dremel in the USA in-charge of Medacta USA to sell appliances to UNOVA, that Dr. Kerina is in charge of and including surgery and medical seminar, training of this Medacta non evasive method, plus direction of this Facility on Rolling acres that just opened less than a year ago.
NOW are you folks connecting the dots yet this stinks from high heavens.
What I am wondering under Florida law is what the conflict of interest actually is, for Dr. Kerina.
Dr. Kerina was already disciplined by State of Florida if you search department of Health for improper behavior.
If a Doctor is in direct relationship with training of a procedure of a medical appliance including the owner of a Facility that is a VP of Medacta in Europe which the VP Siccardi family owns and controls Medacta including UNOVA which Dr. Kerina controls UNOVA, staff and which appliance to be use in his surgery’s, it has to make you think what financial gains he may receive from Medacta for using there appliances including UNOVA facility.
This should make you question whether or not all other option are being exhausted before a hip replacement is being suggested by a Doctor there.
What a wonderful place to open up a Facility UNOVA but in the Villages where there are a great deal of the elderly population that has health problem including a flock of bad doctor’s in this area.
Now mind you folks alot of the Doctors in this Facility are from Tri Country orthopedics’ medical clinic that closed, that many folks cannot get there medical records from and have no way of contacting tri county directly to get there records that a lot of these doctors worked at, does this Ring incompetents and untrusting to anyone.
What a wonderful story for 20/20 or sixty minutes.
Does any of this bother you folks?
It should if you folks can connect the dots.

Furthermore when contacting Eric Dr*mel the CEO of Medacta USA that is owned by Siccardi family including Unova to make him aware there is a Problem with UNOVA facility, he stated he was directed by the board of directors of Medacta to resubmit the problems back to UNOVA facility instead of Siccardi family that owns the facility.
Now mind you UNOVA upper management of Unova at Rolling Acres is the problem! Instead of the Owners being aware of the problems at UNOVA which they have just walked out the CEO Steven Roth, Eric Dr&mel puts the complaints back to UNOVA so they can CYA the Facility. Ironic isn’t it, I believe if the Siccardi family knew how bad the facility UNOVA was running they would clean house, the Facility upper management is destroy this facility; on top of, is this medical appliance any good?
Also they are based in Europe and it would be very hard to attack there assets if there are any lawsuit filed against this Medacta appliance, is it sinking in yet folks.
Do your homework and be aware!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Being a medical professional does not include being able to manage a business operation effectively.

If doctors are managing the operation and revenues are insufficient what are their options? First and foremost is to increase revenues from patients. Second is to reduce services to existing patients.

Both very wrong and not considerate of the hippocratic oath......Hippocratic Oath - Wikipedia

With the doctors running the business there is/could be a conflict of interest.

In closing I had an appointment in the past with Dr. Karina at Tri County Orthopedics....3 hours past my time on the way out I asked the girls at the counter what the problem was being 3 hours behind. Their response was to not complain about such a good day!! Walked out to never return. To that add the fact the Karina does not take the time to review with you or family post surgery, how it went. All = doctors managing poorly and obviously not caring.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

Thank you so very much for the information on this facility. I will avoid it at all costs. What a shame.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie0720 View Post
I went to Dr Katrina based on his excellent reputation.
If he has a excellent reputation, I would find that hard to believe.Waits to see him at his former Tri County Orthopedics offices in Leesberg and on CR 466 were always excessive. Never gave an explanation or apology to patients who had appointments hours before getting to see him. He was almost impossible to see or talk to post op in hospital and when an infection developed at knee was terrible with his follow up. Suspected he had a financial interest with his Aunt at Arbor Village. To call it a skilled nursing re-hab facility where he sent patients after surgery was a gross mischaracterization.

He may have been a good surgeon years ago, but he has no bedside manner, knows nothing about time management and has a staff that follows the leader. There are many other orthopedic surgeons practicing fortunately in our area who demonstrate the skills that Kerina lacks.
Closed Thread

Tags
nasty, wait, office, street, language

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.