Looking for Administrative or CSR job.

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Default Looking for Administrative or CSR job.

Hi,
I'm new to The Villages. We just moved here 3 weeks ago from New Jersey. We live in a beautiful house in Lake Deaton. I love it here, but I need a full time job with benefits. I am currently pursuing leads with CompassHR, Careersinthevillages.com, and ads in the Daily Sun.
If anyone hears of a position before it hits the classified, please message or email me. I have a good solid background and resume!
Thanks,
Lori
Old 08-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Good luck. I found that most positions were exceedingly low-paying with no benefits. Seems that secretarial-type positions were set at 20-35 hours per week so that no benefits would have to be offered. ObamaCare may have changed this a little but I wouldn't bank on it. (I was a legal secretary for thirty years before moving here, so had a very strong AA background and resume.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Try looking for large co,s that have work at home positions.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriL View Post
Hi,
I'm new to The Villages. We just moved here 3 weeks ago from New Jersey. We live in a beautiful house in Lake Deaton. I love it here, but I need a full time job with benefits. I am currently pursuing leads with CompassHR, Careersinthevillages.com, and ads in the Daily Sun.
If anyone hears of a position before it hits the classified, please message or email me. I have a good solid background and resume!
Thanks,
Lori
check out Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com
Old 08-15-2014, 08:19 PM

R.U. looking for General Customer Service Rep job
or
Insurance industry related CSR, General Lines, Underwriter duties?

If insurance industry, the WAHVE always has work from home positions available.
( Work at Home Vintage Employees )

Have some kinfolk who own Insurance Agencies and use WAHVE
to cover staffing needs during regular maternity leave and extended illness
leave and Federal Family Medical Leave Act and periodic business surges.

If you are up to speed and experienced, there are work from home jobs available.
You "should" be 50 or over, but exceptions are made.
WAHVE - Work At Home Vintage Employees | Insurance Staffing
Old 08-15-2014, 08:32 PM

Did you by chance research job opportunities in this area before you moved? I don't want to be negative, but you might have some difficulty finding the exact job you want. The South has never paid as much for many jobs as other areas in the country. You might want to check with the company you just left to see if there are any jobs for them you can do online from home. When you are checking for jobs, don't forget not only Orlando and Ocala, but maybe even Gainsville VA or the University Hospital there. Wishing you well in your search...
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriL View Post
Hi,
Thanks,
Lori
Ya know - there are a LOT of banks in the area; and there are even some college campuses in the area, too! And there are medical offices/facilities and utility companies. My suggestion - visit each business IN PERSON with your resume! You'd be surprised how a small employer reacts to a personal visit rather than a headhunter or on-line introduction! My old receptionist was my best personnel recruiter!

Old 08-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Default Good luck

Most jobs in The Villages are part time with no benefits. You will have to look in Tampa or Orlando to get full time with benefits. About an hour and a half commute one way.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:15 AM

Full time jobs with benefits are few and far between in this area of Florida. Gainesville and Orlando may offer more prospects but the commute is awful. Good luck to you in your search.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Try the Brownwood MVP Health Club, you'll need to be in good shape, job ID 1045.

https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/ap...l?client=mvpsc
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.