How to find a home now the For Sale Signs have gone

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

gracie - great post! thanx for the website! luv it! just too bad that the 'author' got the facts wrong about some of the villages and their covenants [...'sudden enforcement of the restriction North of 466'...]. spreading misinformation too often fails to enable folks to draw a fair conclusion. but we can get him trained up on his research skills.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Default Home shopping for real estate

Every realtor that I know of has their listings on a website. Virtual tours of the home, still pics, etc., plus a complete description including price. They have a search engine for price, number of baths, etc. I do not see the problem with finding homes to buy or rent for that matter.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpeak View Post
Every realtor that I know of has their listings on a website. Virtual tours of the home, still pics, etc., plus a complete description including price. They have a search engine for price, number of baths, etc. I do not see the problem with finding homes to buy or rent for that matter.
clpeak - there is no problem with that process. what do you have to say about the developer stepping in and removing something that is expressly permitted in your village covenants [and has not been a problem for 20+ years]...which by doing so, shortchanges your ability to sell you home - especially if NOT using a realtor?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

So, as far as signs go, its a "level playing field"? I mean is it the same in all 10 CDD'S?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Sage

trish, you posted, "So you can't have a sign...get over it!!! " please explain why those who are going to LOSE a protection which they have enjoyed in their covenants for more than 20+ years should get over the loss of same JUST because a house search can be done some other way - which does not always work - especially for fsbo sellers. why should those folks not be entitled to keep this issue as it has been - just because the authority says so? why should they not be entitled to fight for what they want - but should just roll over and get over it? i really am trying to understand why you feel that way.

is it not possible that this change will stack the deck against the interests of mls realors and diminish the ability of the individual homeowner in the select villages thier oppty to sell as they deem appropriate?...especially that all the villages props will soon enough be resales rather than new sales. i can imagine that all property sellers are not as well versed in sales possibiliities or just plain may not be able to or care to use the internet for same. i know some folks who are still not cyber-literate - and some of them live on my historic side of the villages!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Very interesting...
Old 07-30-2012, 03:53 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Send a message via Skype™ to EVTheVillages

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Lyle Gant ONLY has MLS lisitings. If I were to go with an MLS realtor, he would be my choice. He has a great website with all MLS listings and other important information about The Villages.

Everyone that I know of who used him liked him very much. He advertises on this forum.
Yes Lyle is a great realtor in The Villages

13690 N US Highway 441, Suite 300, The Villages, FL 32159

Office: (352) 450-4505
Facebook: EVTheVillages
Twitter: @EVTheVillages
Web: www.villages.evusa.com
Email: villages@evusa.com

Last edited by EVTheVillages; 07-30-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
clpeak - there is no problem with that process. what do you have to say about the developer stepping in and removing something that is expressly permitted in your village covenants [and has not been a problem for 20+ years]...which by doing so, shortchanges your ability to sell you home - especially if NOT using a realtor?
Exactly! If I want to sell my home myself, I would want to have a sign out front. I agree that probably the majority of homes are sold thru MLS, but there are some sold where prospective buyers drive around a neighborhood, because they are looking for homes in that area. If they see a For Sale By Owner that meets their criteria, they will look at it. Signs make it that much easier. It ticks me off that the Developer took that right away from us, without a vote, without any type of input from us. This sets a bad precedent.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

A tool some may find useful. If you want the iPad application, please visit: http://bit.ly/ROADv4

The Villages Florida
Old 12-01-2012, 01:08 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

It's December and that means an advent calendar and that also means gifts! We've put together a fun advent calendar game that you can play every day and at the end of the 12 days, one lucky entrant will win a Starbucks Verismo Coffee Machine!

Bookmark and play every day to increase your chances! GOOD LUCK!

Engel & Voelkers - Advent Calendar Online 2012

One person will be picked at random at the close of the competition and will be contacted by email. If you play all 12 days, you get 12 entries. One entry per person per day please. Only correct answers count as entries.

13690 N US Highway 441, Suite 300, The Villages, FL 32159

Office: (352) 450-4505
Facebook: EVTheVillages
Twitter: @EVTheVillages
Web: www.villages.evusa.com
Email: villages@evusa.com
Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Sage

I wonder what the rate of success if with FSBO in TV. I did meet one person who did that but it seems most people go the traditional route. Although a realtor is more than just a person listing the house on the MLS, I am surprised more people don't do it to save the commission which can give them more leeway in price.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I wonder what the rate of success if with FSBO in TV. I did meet one person who did that but it seems most people go the traditional route. Although a realtor is more than just a person listing the house on the MLS, I am surprised more people don't do it to save the commission which can give them more leeway in price.
lol...if you want an accurate answer on that one, don't ask a realtor...

I think a lot, but some folks are afraid to undertake it.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
People don't realize how EASY it is. Just have the Villages come a do the FREE market analysis. They tell you what they would list your home at. If they say $200,000 and are going to get a 6% commission, you know you have $12,000 to play with. So, price the home at about $195,000 and you still have plenty of room to negotiate price. The Villages closing dept has one person dedicated to FSBO.
She walks both parties thru the whole process and handles all the paperwork.
Really good experience.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Another way to find a home in The Villages

What's more important? Your home or your Realtor's face?

The Villages Florida
Old 06-15-2014, 06:58 PM

I have sold 3 homes myself in different states. I paid an attorney a min. fee to draw up paperwork between Seller (me) & Buyer. I would never hesitate to sell a home myself. I guess that's why I'm in real estate class. I won't allow anyone to have a terrible experience as I did with realtors. I want to be more than the 'Best'.
My motto in sales for the last 30 years has always been:

If I don't keep my customers happy, I know my competitor will!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.