Chula Vista Greens

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2021, 01:16 PM
Default Chula Vista Greens

Wife and I played Chula Vista this morning I cannot believe the amount of ball marks on the greens. I would bet it would take me an hour just to repair the fourth green alone. Please take the time to repair at least yours plus one. It is our responsibility to observe all aspects of golf etiquette raking traps filling in divots and repairing ball marks thank you we are to be good stewards of the game.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

I played Southern Star this morning and saw the same thing, numerous unrepaired ball marks. It only takes 30 seconds to repair a ball mark. My “rule of thumb”. Repair your ball mark and one other. With all the play the Executive courses are getting it is hard to keep the greens in good shape without everyone’s help!
Old 01-28-2021, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

When in Rome I do as the Romans do
Old 01-28-2021, 05:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUnderwood View Post
Wife and I played Chula Vista this morning I cannot believe the amount of ball marks on the greens. I would bet it would take me an hour just to repair the fourth green alone. Please take the time to repair at least yours plus one. It is our responsibility to observe all aspects of golf etiquette raking traps filling in divots and repairing ball marks thank you we are to be good stewards of the game.
Been here for 15 years and that problem is ongoing. This large facility is not a “country club”, it’s just a facility with a lot of golf courses, most at best in ok shape. Most players here are not “golfers”, they just play golf, thus the lack of golf course responsibility. Nothing wrong with that mix of players, but the problem exists because of it. Complain as you should but in 15 years of it, for myself, nothing has changed.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:43 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Played an executive course a couple weeks ago and could not believe the the number of sand traps that were not raked. If u can’t rake the traps you don’t belong out there.
Would love to hear your excuses
Old 01-29-2021, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Seems to be normal everywhere not just TVs. Others figure someone will fix it for them. On the bright side I get exercise fixing the others destruction.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:08 AM

Ive been here over 5 years and yes...this situation will never change. People that are "golfers" will fix their own and other marks to try and improve conditions. Truth is some people just dont care or so inexperienced in the game that they dont know they need to fix these marks. One solution would be to equip the ambassadors with a "pole" ball mark repair item where all you have to do is place the pole over the ball mark and push. Done. Dont have to bend over and manually fix each mark. Another solution would be to push all the tees back for a couple of weeks to make it harder for the average golfer to hit the green in the air and wait for the greens to recover before the tees are again moved up. As far as sand traps we rake where our ball settles and redrop the ball. Then rake our area afterwards. Enjoy the game and what it has to offer. The Villages has very challenging Ex courses and fun for all abilities and dont let a few negative issues get in the way of having a good time
Old 01-29-2021, 08:42 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUnderwood View Post
I wouldn't doubt it a bit. Sad thing because Chula Vista was closed for quite awhile and all the tee boxes were redone and the greens were worked on as well. Didn't take long to screw it up for sure. Unfortunate!
Old 01-29-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Same horse new jockey
Old 01-29-2021, 10:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevko05 View Post
I One solution would be to equip the ambassadors with a "pole" ball mark repair item where all you have to do is place the pole over the ball mark and push. Done. Dont have to bend over and manually fix each mark.
They are equipped but they can't do all the greens and catch all the ball marks during their shifts. That is one of their jobs believe it or not
Old 01-29-2021, 12:37 PM

I am an ambassador and we have a tool to repair ball marks and when ever I have the opportunity to do so I will. The problem now is that in the afternoon shift there are so many golfers I can’t get on the greens to repair them.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Rake the traps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Played an executive course a couple weeks ago and could not believe the the number of sand traps that were not raked. If u can’t rake the traps you don’t belong out there.
Would love to hear your excuses
An ambassador told me a few years ago, he noticed a woman walk out of a trap without breaking it. He told her she should rake the traps when she gets in there. She told him, “I don’t have to rake the traps. I live in Bridgeport.”
Old 01-30-2021, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Powers to be have put lot of time and $$$$ into the executive golf venues it showed hats off unfortunately a few don't care and the scars show
Old 01-30-2021, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

My most memorable experience, when I asked golfer in my 4-some if she was going to rake after her ball landed in bunker,, she told me she lived in Harmeswood. Huh!
Soooo, I raked it, I live in LaZamora, obviously the guilt trip didn't work. Fortunately, most Villagers are thoughtful.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Say what?

[QUOTE=kevko05;1894295 One solution would be to equip the ambassadors with a "pole" ball mark repair item where all you have to do is place the pole over the ball mark and push. Done. Dont have to bend over and manually fix each mark. Another solution would be to push all the tees back for a couple of weeks to make it harder for the average golfer to hit the green in the air and wait for the greens to recover before the tees are again moved up. As far as sand traps we rake where our ball settles and redrop the ball. Then rake our area afterwards. Enjoy the game and what it has to offer. The Villages has very challenging Ex courses and fun for all abilities and dont let a few negative issues get in the way of having a good time[/QUOTE]

You've never used the tools they give the ambassadors...I did for 10 months...it's a shoulder, elbow and wrist killer. I did my best but it's up to the golfer to fix their pitch marks. Most do not! There are numerous reasons why they don't fix them: don't see the ball land on the green, don't care and don't know how to do it properly. Those tools also do a minimum amount of good.

Move the tees back? Then the golfers will move forward. Non-solution.

Assuming these issues interferers with someones enjoyment is not proven....therefore an assumption. Strange as it may seem some folks are just trying to get it out there to do what you are supposed to.

Still with quite a few people having poor eyesight and trouble bending over it's a non-issue with me. If I'm playing with someone who leaves a pitch mark I fix it...if they leave a bunker unraked I rake it for them with no comment from me. I guess I'm hoping they take the hint, but I don't rely on it.
Closed Thread

Tags
chula, vista, repair, marks, ball

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.