De La Vista

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default De La Vista

I played eighteen holes at De La Vista today. I like this golf course a lot. It's pretty straightforward, has two par fours and a variety of holes. I hit nine different clubs which is nice. I can hit the same club over and over on some of the executive courses.

Conditions, however, are pretty bad. The greens are OK ex ept for a number of small dead areas. The tees are fair but they are really my lowest priority area. As long as I can find a fairly level spot, it doesn't matter to me.

Whoever cut the holes today obviously did not use a cup setter as the cups were between 1/4" and 1/8" from the surface of the green. The fairways on the two par four holes are deplorable. There is very little grass and your ball can easily be sitting down in a depression.

The area in front of the seventh green is mud. It has been that way for several months. I don't understand why they don't put some kind of drainage there. It's an easily correctable problem.

I am puzzled by the fact that The Villages does everything so well, except for golf. The streets are so clean you can eat off them. The landscaping and grass in the common areas are beautiful. The pools, rec centers, and tennis courts are gorgeous. But the golf course are simply substandard. The executive courses range between mediocre to horrible and the championship course range from decent to good.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Sage

I really don't understand why you continue to make the same postings over and over and over again. I played Red Fox today and the course was in terrific shape. Several other executive courses, that I have played recently, are also in great shape. If you truly believe the courses in The Villages are terrible then why do you continue to play here and why try to make your case on ToTV? The people reading this forum have no ability to impact the golf courses. Contact the CDDs if you have constructive suggestions (not just the same old criticisms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I played eighteen holes at De La Vista today. I like this golf course a lot. It's pretty straightforward, has two par fours and a variety of holes. I hit nine different clubs which is nice. I can hit the same club over and over on some of the executive courses.

Conditions, however, are pretty bad. The greens are OK ex ept for a number of small dead areas. The tees are fair but they are really my lowest priority area. As long as I can find a fairly level spot, it doesn't matter to me.

Whoever cut the holes today obviously did not use a cup setter as the cups were between 1/4" and 1/8" from the surface of the green. The fairways on the two par four holes are deplorable. There is very little grass and your ball can easily be sitting down in a depression.

The area in front of the seventh green is mud. It has been that way for several months. I don't understand why they don't put some kind of drainage there. It's an easily correctable problem.

I am puzzled by the fact that The Villages does everything so well, except for golf. The streets are so clean you can eat off them. The landscaping and grass in the common areas are beautiful. The pools, rec centers, and tennis courts are gorgeous. But the golf course are simply substandard. The executive courses range between mediocre to horrible and the championship course range from decent to good.

Last edited by biker1; 11-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

////

Last edited by CWGUY; 11-06-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I for one enjoy the OP telling us about golf course conditions. It helps me avoid those courses and play the ones I know are in better shape.

Did you enjoy the drive down there and the need to rent a golf cart? Doubt I play there until it's golf cart accessible.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Sage

The drive was about 8 minutes, the cart rental was $3, and the courses are beautiful, especially Grey Fox. You really need to go play Grey Fox. Statements such as "executive courses range between mediocre to horrible" is just nonsense and should be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I for one enjoy the OP telling us about golf course conditions. It helps me avoid those courses and play the ones I know are in better shape.

Did you enjoy the drive down there and the need to rent a golf cart? Doubt I play there until it's golf cart accessible.

Last edited by biker1; 11-05-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I really don't understand why you continue to make the same postings over and over and over again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
...Statements such as "executive courses range between mediocre to horrible" is just nonsense and should be ignored.
on both counts.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
on both counts.
Particularly when complaining about golf that is basically...free.

Rutrow.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Bad golf condition.Bad experience at Darrell's.
How bad can it be ?

Last edited by karostay; 11-06-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

I agree with OP, I love the layout, love the starters and ambassadors, hate fairway conditions at de la vista. Should not be such an obvious difference between executive courses and championships. Most exec. Par 4's fairways leave a lot to be desired. If damage occurs, rope it off. Review maintenance crews!

Btw have mentioned in annual survey numerous times and contacted country club pros, who oversee execs.
Closed Thread

Tags
holes, golf, vista, areas, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.