De La Vista 8/26

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2021, 07:08 AM
Veteran member
Default De La Vista 8/26

I played De La Vista yesterday (8/26). Below are my ratings on a scale of 1-10:
  1. Tee Box: 6/10 - The tee boxes were just OK - nowhere near what I expect a tee box to look like. The grass is mowed fairly high, and there are numerous weeds.
  2. Fairway: 7/10 - Fairway appeared to be decent - I was never in the FW - always on the green or near the green.
  3. Sand Trap: 5/10 - I didn't go into a sand trap, but I did go in to retrieve a ball for one of my friends. The sand is very hard, and did not appear to have been raked lately.
  4. Greens: 5/10 - This was the worst part of my experience. According to the aerification schedule, the greens were aerified in mid-July. They should be fine by now, but they are bumpy, numerous weeds, and are not cut very low. The result is that you can't trust any putt over 3' to have a reasonable chance of holding your line.
  5. Hole: 6/10 - I'm not sure how often the holes are actually moved, but these looked like they have been there for several days. The edges of nearly every hole were broken down.
Closed Thread

Tags
sand, tee, greens, numerous, fairway

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.