Executive Course Greens in Deplorable Condition

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

I for one do not repair Ball marks on the greens nor do I rake the traps I have become one of the entitled. The powers to be don't really care about the conditions of the executive courses. I too don't care. I pay my dues and take what's there. It's really nice being one of the entitled, when next move is to get a handicap flag so I can drive right up to the greens. Sorry about this but that's the way I feel and no I'm not moving
Old 02-27-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

Played Bogart Sunday. EVERY cup had been torn up by someone too lazy to remove the pin to retrieve their ball. Such a shame.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Sarasota...just got done playing Sarasota. Greens and tee boxes are in great shape, probably the best maintained executive course that I played all week. Kudos to their groundskeepers.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I for one do not repair Ball marks on the greens nor do I rake the traps I have become one of the entitled. The powers to be don't really care about the conditions of the executive courses. I too don't care. I pay my dues and take what's there. It's really nice being one of the entitled, when next move is to get a handicap flag so I can drive right up to the greens. Sorry about this but that's the way I feel and no I'm not moving
Hmmmnnnnn!!!
Sometimes it very difficult to distinguish between BS and bait!!
Old 02-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Somehow I feel like that’s the only part of the post that’s not true.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Ball marks are a minor problem compared to proper maintenance by the Greenskeeper.
Yep...
Old 02-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Played Bogart Sunday. EVERY cup had been torn up by someone too lazy to remove the pin to retrieve their ball. Such a shame.
Played Bogart today, Weds, and you are correct. New flag rule might be reducing round time very slightly but cup are taking a beating for reason you stated. I also thought greens were very poor, even for this time of year. That said in all fairness I know nothing about maintaining golf greens.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqd7806 View Post
Don't forget how hard it is to get a tee time this time of year. Over developed already for the FROGs. Looking for my next investment/home. U can have this congested mess.

R, X Villager.
I play every other day, and have never had a problem getting a tee time, unless you are looking for a time to the minute and a specifiic course.
I put a two and a half hour window, with a 'time to start' of 0130pm, and I get it within twenty minutes either way every time.
I give a selection of courses that I prefer.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Played Bogart today, Weds, and you are correct. New flag rule might be reducing round time very slightly but cup are taking a beating for reason you stated. I also thought greens were very poor, even for this time of year. That said in all fairness I know nothing about maintaining golf greens.
Play Walnut Grove if you want to see it done right!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I've never played on an exec with "deplorable" greens. And coming from NY, the greens fees on the champs are very reasonable, especially after 2
Steve
Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 AM

The greens are horrible and bunkers are filled with too much sand. Use the sand for the divot bottles and buy some rollers to use weekly. Problem solved
Old 03-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

The greens and tee boxes on Silver Lake were in decent shape yesterday except for untouched fresh ball marks.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Default Greens in Deplorable Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Again this year, the Executive course greens are in deplorable condition. An embarrassment and one that could have been corrected. No this is not caused by excessive footsteps but by management opting to not overseed and elect to have residents instead putt on green dirt. Come on folks. Too late for this year but invest in our courses next year and give us something to play on. Heads need to roll.
I could not agree with you more....They are atrocious! A complete embarrassment to The Villages. Seems like all the focus and money is going into Fenney and they are ignoring what's here.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Again this year, the Executive course greens are in deplorable condition. An embarrassment and one that could have been corrected. No this is not caused by excessive footsteps but by management opting to not overseed and elect to have residents instead putt on green dirt. Come on folks. Too late for this year but invest in our courses next year and give us something to play on. Heads need to roll.
Boy do I agree..... honestly I sometimes play an 18 hole 4500 yard course in PA literally maintained by a farmer that costs $11.00 to play.... their green are better than these.... if these incompetents are not removed then the Villages has duped their residents.... most are not fit to putt on...extremely disappointing....will ultimately impact home values... sets a new standard for mediocrity
Old 03-26-2019, 07:37 PM

Can you believe the villages charges a guest $14 to play a executive course when you guys are done with that round I bet your guest is not your friend anymore .

Last edited by Bruce zapolski; 03-27-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, executive, greens, deplorable, condition

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.