Executive Courses changes

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Default Executive Courses changes

Just received this message on the villages.net when looking at executive tee times.

Until further notice, No Guests are allowed on ANY Executive Courses
Old 06-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobruce View Post
Just received this message on the villages.net when looking at executive tee times.

Until further notice, No Guests are allowed on ANY Executive Courses
This has been effective for a while now since no-cash transactions became part of protocol.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:31 AM
Default Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
This has been effective for a while now since no-cash transactions became part of protocol.
Not sure I understand the relationship between cash and guests. We all have credit cards.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs21putt View Post
Not sure I understand the relationship between cash and guests. We all have credit cards.
But execs don’t have capability for credit cards, except in the south.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
But execs don’t have capability for credit cards, except in the south.
Bingo
Old 06-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

(If) the golf administration would be willing , a guest fee could be pre-paid just as trail fees are pre-paid for non priority members or those that have not paid the yearly trail fee ahead of time and paid a la carte with cash.

But that is a BIG IF and probably not going to happen .
Old 06-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
(If) the golf administration would be willing , a guest fee could be pre-paid just as trail fees are pre-paid for non priority members or those that have not paid the yearly trail fee ahead of time and paid a la carte with cash.

But that is a BIG IF and probably not going to happen .
Execs tee time were at a premium during shut down, golf admin wanted to make sure residents, got to play without guests taking spots. That many are grateful. Guests could always play championship
Old 06-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Execs tee time were at a premium during shut down, golf admin wanted to make sure residents, got to play without guests taking spots. That many are grateful. Guests could always play championship
Pretty well sums it up.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
While I don’t disagree in principle, I don’t think that “guests” were a significant force in getting tee times ...

Now , snowbirds staying longer , championship courses closing 18 holes , pickleball being closed , softball closed , rec centers closed , town squares closed , pools closed , restaurants closed , etc ....(I’m sure I’ve missed a few)

Those were significant reasons why it became a little more difficult to obtain tee times .....
Old 06-05-2020, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
While I don’t disagree in principle, I don’t think that “guests” were a significant force in getting tee times ...

Now , snowbirds staying longer , championship courses closing 18 holes , pickleball being closed , softball closed , rec centers closed , town squares closed , pools closed , restaurants closed , etc ....(I’m sure I’ve missed a few)

Those were significant reasons why it became a little more difficult to obtain tee times .....
I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I think part of not having guests was to try to curtail the"virus" that "might" be coming from out of towners

Last edited by anothersteve; 06-06-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
i think part of not having guest's was to try to curtail the"virus" that "might" be coming from out of towners
We have a bingo !!
Old 06-06-2020, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.
I have no data to support this but it is my belief that the number of guests that play the executive courses is insignificant.

This next statement is fact : when a group (say , foursome) puts in a request with a guest , ALL of the resident’s requests are processed FIRST by the computer system. The groups with guests get processed LAST and in many cases , they <may> get bumped out due to the lack of availability.

So, having a guest in the mix actually helps the resident’s ability to get a tee time because of the prioritization described .

Here is another fact : many of the people that are having problems getting a tee time is because they are not flexible enough with their requests.

I have a group of 6~8 golfers who plays every Thursday. For the request, I will ask for a 10:56 preferred tee time. Earliest time @ 10:00 , latest time 12:00 and I select Time over course.

Then I will make my course selections based on which ones we would “prefer” to play ...... but , here is the key to getting something..... I will list 18 ~20 courses on my request !!!!! All of them 466 and south.

And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !
Old 06-06-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
...And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !
Yeah. You’re preaching to the choir on that. I have never been denied a tee time either.

But one other fact remains. There is a fixed number of tee times. Elimination of guests means more tee times for residents, irrespective of how they are prioritized.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 06-06-2020 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post

But one other fact remains. There is a fixed number of tee times. Elimination of guests means more tee times for residents, irrespective of how they are prioritized.
LOL !! Re-read my post . That is exactly what I said !!

That “other fact “ is a given ...... additionally, there are LESS tee times available during the busy season because of less daylight during those months .

It is BECAUSE of the prioritization system (not irrespective of) when it comes to guests that more tee times are available for residents......

Last edited by jarodrig; 06-06-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, courses, tee, allowed, guests

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.