Executive Courses in general

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2021, 08:33 AM
Default Executive Courses in general

I almost exclusively play executive courses. The best times where courses are in good shape occurs before the snow birds and renters descend on us. The worst, obviously, is after they leave and many courses are closed to let them regenerate from the heavy usage.

My biggest, and only, gripe is the lack of authority all the ambassadors can or seem willing to exert. Too many Villagers ignore or get belligerent with ambassadors. I would love to see the ambassadors report the offenders to the starter's shack and have the group suspended for more egregious behavior. At the very least, they should receive a warning from the Tee Time Office that further slow play or untoward behavior can result in a suspension.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Before moving here the courses had marshals or rangers, not ambassadors. They had a lot more sway in regulating play.
Old 08-25-2021, 06:17 AM

Sorry we "snowbirds" have made your life so difficult. I would venture that the vast majority of the residents of The Villages began as Snowbirds. We pay the same amount for amenities as full-time residents so , in actuality, we are paying twice as much for using the courses as you are. If anyone could actually measure there are probably very few people here who were born in Florida.
Old 08-25-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
Sorry we "snowbirds" have made your life so difficult. I would venture that the vast majority of the residents of The Villages began as Snowbirds. We pay the same amount for amenities as full-time residents so , in actuality, we are paying twice as much for using the courses as you are. If anyone could actually measure there are probably very few people here who were born in Florida.
I think you may need to reread the OP; there wasn't a single negative thing in it referring directly to "snowbirds".
Old 09-17-2021, 07:28 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Old 09-17-2021, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
While true, it has nothing to do with the "Slow Play" and other problems the Ambassadors seem to let slide...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 06:09 AM

The deterioration of the courses in the winter is due to the fact that Bermuda grass, a warm weather grass and the type of grass on most southern courses, does not grow in the cooler temperatures of winter. So the course can not repair itself until the heat of the summer.

Tags
courses, ambassadors, executive, behavior, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.