Golf Etiquette - Cigarette Butts

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Wife watched her father die from lung cancer took a long time and was not pretty to watch She had not been able to quit before but quit the day he died 20years ago hasn't smoked since
I had two family member die from lung cancer. Horrible to go through and helpless watch. Luckily, for me I quit when I was 21 after watching them die.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Laslowe View Post
It's time for your meds Guys!

Or smoke break!
Old 02-25-2021, 10:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If they have smoked entire adult life, why quit now? It’s not like quitting will give them extra years, let them enjoy one of the lifelong habitats. But I agree pick up your butts, not just on the course, but around ponds, residents property, and the road
Remember Yul Brynner last words?
Old 02-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
That's a bunch of crap and you know it. Smoking in view of public while on whatever shift is not allowed. I know a few guys that have gotten reprimanded for it. Some people need to STFU when it comes to talking crap, and believing they know what the staff's duties are.

If it’s not allowed, why did they get reprimanded? Just saying.....
Old 02-25-2021, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Cigars are biodegradable. Not saying they should be dropped on the ground, but real cigars are biodegradable.
Most quality cigars are rolled in tobacco leaves grown where I grew up, in the fertile farmlands of the Connecticut river valley in western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
No, unfortunately the new cars and older cars do not have ash trays! I have a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. No ashtray!
My 64 olds Starfire had ash trays in dash, both sides of back seat side panels. And I think in the console? Prettiest car I have owned to date, deep red Maroon with white leather, interior lite up like Christmas tree.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If it’s not allowed, why did they get reprimanded? Just saying.....
Could you elaborate please? Pretty silly question.
Just saying
Old 02-26-2021, 07:45 AM
Default Cigarette butts on golf courses

Unfortunately, some not all smokers believe it’s there right to just dispose of their cigarette butts where ever they like. Out the Windows of their vehicles, on the MM paths out of their carts, on the ground while they walk in parking lots, parks, sidewalks, anywhere but in their ashtrays. It’s up to all the golfers out there that golf with someone who smokes to let them know to not throw their butts on the courses. Tell them, bring a can, plastic container and bring your butts out to a garbage can. All over The Villages and all golf courses whether Executives or Championship have garbage cans all over the place. Course workers and Ambassadors need to also be supported by management to allow them to warn golfers if they see them dispose of their butts on the courses, It comes down to respecting the environment, course workers and other golfers. The original poster is bang on, is it too much to ask the smokers to keep their butts to themselves. Everyone needs to voice their opinions and let their golf buddies know that they need to take their butts with them. Have a GREAT day everyone. Thanks
Old 02-26-2021, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Could you elaborate please? Pretty silly question.
Just saying
If they knowingly knew it wasn’t allowed and the did it anyway IMO reason for dismissal! Not reprimanded.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If they knowingly knew it wasn’t allowed and the did it anyway IMO reason for dismissal! Not reprimanded.
"Reprimanded" I guess was too strong of a word, It was discussed with those involved. They were fairly new and didn't know, it wasn't a point of discussion in training. It should be common sense as far as I'm concerned though

Last edited by stanley; 02-26-2021 at 09:41 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
butts, boxes, greens, tee, cigarette

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.