Golf Etiquette - Cigarette Butts

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 08:52 AM

My favorite is when they pull down their mask to smoke a cigarette. Shows how brainwashed and idiotic they are. Not the slightest bit worried about the death rate among smokers (roughly 67%_ The terrifying rate at which smokers die from smoking | Cancer Schmancer), but all freaked out about the Covid death rate (less than 2%).
Old 02-22-2021, 08:54 AM
Default Smokers

Our friends who smoke are some if the nicest people.
When they come to visit and sit on our furniture they leave their territory marked with a dirty ashtray stench.
We open the windows and spray the furniture with with air freshener . Their clothing, like their house, is permeated with cigarette stench.
It seems to cling to the furniture. We know the addiction is very strong and dangerous but we wish they would put on fresh non cigarette stench clothes before they come to visit.
QUOTE=Art cov;1905972]This hits home for me. My mom n dad smoked for 60 years. Both had a list of health issues. Mom was an old roller derby gal and dad a boxer. Both were as tough as nails and neither backed down from a fight. As a boy I seen both in fists fights with their same sex. True story! One day mom’s doctor told her make preparations to die, he said only thing to help is quit smoking immediately and she did! A surprise for sure and she is alive yet. Dad’s doctor said you have smoked all these years, if you want to smoke then smoke. He lasted a few years and died. A man with 20” arms and powerful man was brought to a frail man in the hospital, that gasped for every breath. Hoses in nose, mouth and throat to gain another minute of life. The cigarette commercials always portrayed the smokers as cool and sexy but didn’t show a man like dad on his deathbed. Please if you smoke, then quit! It may give you a better quality of life later. You will smell better too[/QUOTE]
Old 02-22-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
I thought the only thing ambassador’s do was ride around. I have never seen an ambassador doing the things u say u r supposed to do
Then you must not be paying attention.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:16 AM

The fact that a person smokes cigarettes in the first place is an indication of their low IQ level. To expect them to care about littering may be way too much for them to comprehend. Maybe because they look bad, smell bad and are killing themselves by smoking they just don't give a hoot.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I thought the only thing ambassador’s do was ride around. I have never seen an ambassador doing the things u say u r supposed to do
I sure hope that's a joke because I have seen ambassadors doing all the things posted including checking the condition of the toilets on the courses.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Obviously, you don’t play on the courses I work.

GO EAGLES!!!!!
Old 02-22-2021, 09:33 AM

As an executive starter the worst thing now during the pandemic is people step over large red cones to get to the window to check in......please stay behind the cones to check in.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
I miss my 8-Track.
I love my old Camry. It came with a CD and a tape player. The CD is now jammed but the tape player still works
Old 02-22-2021, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
I miss my 8-Track.
i STILL have some as a keepsake, sabbath & dead, lol
Old 02-22-2021, 11:28 AM

We pretty much only play the executive courses and our ambassadors (south of 44) do a bang-up job of cleaning up the tee boxes/greens, repairing holes and divots. And yes, we're seeing a large number of cig butts AND cigars, especially on the Fox courses in Fenney. Nasty business for sure! Pick up your own garbage, people!!
Old 02-22-2021, 01:52 PM
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
As an ambassador who works executive and championship courses, I frequently find cigarette butts (some still burning) on tee boxes and around the greens. Part of my job is to clear away the broken tees, trash that may have blown onto the tee boxes and greens and filling divots as well as fixing fresh ball marks on the greens. I have noticed that over the past year, the number of cigarette butts discarded on the tee boxes has increased significantly. Besides being a health issue, this type of unnecessary trash is disgusting. Is it too much to ask that smokers buy a small ashtray to put in their carts and not discard their butts on the course? Ambassadors are responsible for regular "clean-up" before and after the golfers play. Please be considerate, not only to your fellow golfers, but to the workers and maintenance staff. We want your golf experience to be enjoyable for everyone.
If you see them doing so they should be admonished and blocked from scheduling golf for a least month if you can't fine them and hit their pockets or pocketbooks.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Disgusting habit, after watching my beloved father die of lung cancer I will never understand how someone can knowingly kill them self?
If you've never been hooked on tobacco you'll never get it.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcote View Post
If you've never been hooked on tobacco you'll never get it.
Feb 10th was my 17 yr anniversary quitting after almost thirty years of smoking. Looking back it was actually pretty easy to quit
Old 02-22-2021, 07:59 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,754 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Wife watched her father die from lung cancer took a long time and was not pretty to watch She had not been able to quit before but quit the day he died 20years ago hasn't smoked since
Great but, unusual. The human brain & emotions has the ability to to actually experiences this, and yet, deny.... self says, "yes, it's real and awful, but.... the odds are it will NOT happen to me !
Old 02-22-2021, 08:08 PM

Not true any more
Closed Thread

Tags
butts, boxes, greens, tee, cigarette

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.