Hawkes Bay

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2020, 07:33 AM
Default Hawkes Bay

Played Hawkes Bay for first time yesterday and was disappointed in the condition of the overall condition of greens when compared to the many others we play almost on a daily basis in The Villages. Not sure how they'll survive the winter with the condition they're in now. Recent smear with sand across most greens and lot of dead spots on greens themselves. Perimeter of many tee boxes / greens lacking water as apparent in no grass. Greens rolled fast and would look to play elsewhere if have an option.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:19 AM

I agree. Played Hawkes Bay many times, mainly because it's close by. Saddlebrook is slightly better. Pimlico, Churchill and Belmont are ok. El Diablo & El Santiago are good. Only been here 4 months and of the 9 Exec's I've played, Briarwood and Walnut Grove are by far the best.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Seems they have been struggling for the past several years with bad greens. Sad because it is a cool layout.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogme480 View Post
Played Hawkes Bay for first time yesterday and was disappointed in the condition of the overall condition of greens when compared to the many others we play almost on a daily basis in The Villages. Not sure how they'll survive the winter with the condition they're in now. Recent smear with sand across most greens and lot of dead spots on greens themselves. Perimeter of many tee boxes / greens lacking water as apparent in no grass. Greens rolled fast and would look to play elsewhere if have an option.
So? Plenty of other courses to go to.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogme480 View Post
When I read these I wonder so many things. AND think so many things...the first is.... For free take. For buy complain. And the people in your foursome who are your game opponents are facing the same challenge to get a low score. I have so enjoyed watching the recent National golf tournaments with pristine courses and views unobstructed by masses of people, but realize just how much courses like that cost to play.

I am interested to know...did you score well or awful? Was it a lot different than your playing partners?? Isn't it nice to have golf options that cost so little?
Old 11-08-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When I read these I wonder so many things. AND think so many things...the first is.... For free take. For buy complain. And the people in your foursome who are your game opponents are facing the same challenge to get a low score. I have so enjoyed watching the recent National golf tournaments with pristine courses and views unobstructed by masses of people, but realize just how much courses like that cost to play.

I am interested to know...did you score well or awful? Was it a lot different than your playing partners?? Isn't it nice to have golf options that cost so little?
GracieGirl- you must not be a golfer. Posts like these are helpful to other golfers if for no other reason than to let folks know which courses to avoid. With 40+ exec courses to choose from, no need to play one in poor shape. Some of us appreciate hearing other golfers’ experiences on various courses in TV.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:47 AM

Overplayed
Old 11-14-2020, 06:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdesensi View Post
Overplayed
Aren't they all?
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, condition, hawkes, bay, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.