Hawks Bay Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Default Hawks Bay Executive Course

Golf course playing conditions can change rapidly. In an effort to ensure TOTV users are viewing posts about the most current playing conditions I will, from time-to-time, delete/remove older posts from this forum. Hopefully this will be beneficial when you are trying to decide what courses to play and which to avoid.

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Information out of date.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 AM

We played Hawks Bay on Friday - May 27, 2016. It is in deplorable condition. Ever green is mostly sand with patches of weedy grass. The tee boxes are also bad. This course was closed last year about this time for a "make over". I suggest it be closed again.

Hawks Bay and Saddlebrook should both be closed and repaired. Tee boxes and greens are deplorable. Playing there is a waste of time and very frustrating.

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Sage

The fourth green was closed for a long time last year. What the heck happened? Hawks Bay is getting more play due to El Santiago being close and the big cups transferred to Hawks Bay.

I love ya GG, but we pay for the executive courses each month and with the yearly trail fees. We should at least get playable courses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Hawks Bay is getting more play due to El Santiago being close and the big cups transferred to Hawks Bay.
How long has El Santiago been closed? I haven't read that anywhere until now.
And now Hawks Bay has big cups? Very, very interesting.

Give it time folks. Sure a lot of you might feel you have only so many good years left, greens sometimes have issues and bitching about it won't make it improve any faster. As to the person who still thinks exec. golf is free...get real mate...it's included with the monthly rec. fees...they just don't advertise it. You don't think those people who work the course work free do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
How long has El Santiago been closed? I haven't read that anywhere until now.
And now Hawks Bay has big cups? Very, very interesting.
El Santiago was closed May 1st for a complete redo. All the greens and tee boxes were taken down to the dirt. I think it is scheduled to reopen in September.

Hawks Bay has both regular and big cups on the greens. Lots of pins to shoot to.... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
El Santiago was closed May 1st for a complete redo. All the greens and tee boxes were taken down to the dirt. I think it is scheduled to reopen in September.

Hawks Bay has both regular and big cups on the greens. Lots of pins to shoot to.... :-)
Ignore this, it is Hawk's Bay, I am wrong again.... I must have seen the cups on the way to Glenview.
Hawk's bay has big cups or Saddlebrook? I just drove by there today and thought I saw them on Saddlebrook, but could be wrong
The greens look unplayable, I felt bad for the folks that made a tee time there.

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Give it time folks. Sure a lot of you might feel you have only so many good years left, greens sometimes have issues and bitching about it won't make it improve any faster. As to the person who still thinks exec. golf is free...get real mate...it's included with the monthly rec. fees...they just don't advertise it. You don't think those people who work the course work free do you?
Bitching on this site is the third favorite sport here in TV. Right after golf and pickle ball.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
As to the person who still thinks exec. golf is free...get real mate...it's included with the monthly rec. fees...they just don't advertise it.
We all pay the monthly amenity fee regardless of whether we golf or play pickleball or use the pools or do yoga or play baseball or drive a golf cart on the MM Paths or go to a Rec Center to color.
So I guess we can say NO activity is free; or EVERY activity is free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We all pay the monthly amenity fee regardless of whether we golf or play pickleball or use the pools or do yoga or play baseball or drive a golf cart on the MM Paths or go to a Rec Center to color.
So I guess we can say NO activity is free; or EVERY activity is free!
Yep, there is no such thing as a free lunch.... Somebody is paying.

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Hawks Bay and Saddlebrook should both be closed and repaired. Tee boxes and greens are deplorable. Playing there is a waste of time and very frustrating.
I understand that El Santiago and Chula Vista are closed for maintenance.
If Hawks Bay and Saddlebrook were also closed,
wouldn't residents then complain about the lack of open courses north of CR 466?
Old 05-30-2016, 05:27 AM
Email Reported As Spam

"Watch what you wish for you just may get it". The executive courses get too much play. I suspect a majority of those playing executive courses "conditions" would not make an appreciable difference in their play.

Amenity fees will only go up as time passes. Some of us are not exactly thrilled by accelerating that process.

The golf admin is caught between a rock and a hard place because there are more requests to play golf than available tee times and they are doing their best to keep up with demand, conditions of the courses, etc. "Free" is a big draw. Closing a course has an adverse affect in meeting demands and expectations by residents exacerbating an already heavy demand and low supply

If you want to lessen the impact on courses do your due diligence in repair to divots on the tees, fairways and greens.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-30-2016, 05:52 AM
Gold member

Hard to grow grass o top of sand. Every course in TV was constructed with very little "base" underneath. You notice that every time you take a divot and there is no ground base underneath, just sand. Probably saved $$$$ in construction but the long term results are showing.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The executive courses get too much play.
The golf admin is caught between a rock and a hard place because there are more requests to play golf than available tee times and they are doing their best to keep up with demand, conditions of the courses, etc. "Free" is a big draw. Closing a course has an adverse affect in meeting demands and expectations by residents exacerbating an already heavy demand and low supply
If you want to lessen the impact on courses do your due diligence in repair to divots on the tees, fairways and greens.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
$150 a month is about as clise to free as it gets. Many other over 55 places are about the same fee with NO FREE GOLF. In my hometown for $150 I get to play one round with my spouse.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Hard to grow grass o top of sand. Every course in TV was constructed with very little "base" underneath. You notice that every time you take a divot and there is no ground base underneath, just sand. Probably saved $$$$ in construction but the long term results are showing.
Exactly what do you mean by "base"? Southern grasses like Bermuda grow best in a very sandy soil. That is why we don't replace divots and instead fill them with a sand mixture. This mixture encourages the growth of the rhysomes and stolons that
are critical to good Bermuda turf.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
bad, killed, hawks, green, bay, greens, based, grass, 4th, 12th, june, batman, holy, cow, temporary, hole, setup

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.