Here is What the Director of Golf is Talking About

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
No way any pull carts should be on a green. No excuses, if you can't take your putter out of your bag and walk the green you should not be playing golf.
Players weigh more than pull carts and bag of clubs, so maybe the players should stay off the greens, and use very long putters from the fringe.

Wife and I always walk courses, and personally I have never seen a pull cart on any green, or going into a sand trap.
However, I have seen golf carts on the edge of greens and on fringes on the odd occasion.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:16 AM

Maybe you should become an ambassador
Old 03-01-2020, 07:19 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm not really sure what the big issue is here?

Depending on the type of pull/push-carts, I'll bet a lot of them put less pressure per square inch on the greens...than a lot of really big people I see walking on them.

Unless the cart folks are making sharp turns and somehow putting furrows in the greens...which would be unacceptable.

Then again, I come across a LOT of greens where it looks like some players in front of me have lost the ability to lift their feet...and can only shuffle/scuff their way along.

I think it’s the pull carts that are the problem. They shouldn’t be on the greens in good weather, let alone when they are wet.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:27 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Golfing ambassadors are like Barney Fife...There for show not enforcement
we are there for enforcement but politely.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
I think it’s the pull carts that are the problem. They shouldn’t be on the greens in good weather, let alone when they are wet.

Please read Post #15.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
we are there for enforcement but politely.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Default Golf carts on greens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
It was raining steadily. 2 walkers, a man and woman, were playing in the rain with no cares at all. They walked up ONTO THE GREEN with their pull carts all over while they putted each time. Even to the pin. Than walked off the green. Had to have been snowbirds. lol. Playing in the rain since they don't get to play up north and wanted to get some golf in. Oh, they went to the next tee and kept playing.
Do you realize that in many places golfers are encouraged to walk across the greens with their pull carts because it saves wear and tear in the same places on the fringe? Pull carts are much lighter than the equipment used on the greens by ground staff and do no damage to greens.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
Do you realize that in many places golfers are encouraged to walk across the greens with their pull carts because it saves wear and tear in the same places on the fringe? Pull carts are much lighter than the equipment used on the greens by ground staff and do no damage to greens.

Need to press the B.S. button.

No place is pulling a cart across a green is appropriate golf etiquette.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

When I've used my three wheeled push cart I never placed it on a tee box, green, or bunker.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
And if you believe that there is some swamp land available you can get real cheap

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Default Confused by the logic

If the justification for rolling hand carts across the greens is because they cause damage when rolled on the fringe / rough in the same place over and over, how does it not apply to the green?

Just being respectful to other golfers, the course and the game I have never rolled a hand cart onto a green. Never even thought about doing it.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:57 PM
Veteran member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
It was raining steadily. 2 walkers, a man and woman, were playing in the rain with no cares at all. They walked up ONTO THE GREEN with their pull carts all over while they putted each time. Even to the pin. Than walked off the green. Had to have been snowbirds. lol. Playing in the rain since they don't get to play up north and wanted to get some golf in. Oh, they went to the next tee and kept playing.
Where and when did the Director of Golf talk about this??? If you want quote someone please refer to where and when this statement was made!
Old 03-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Need to press the B.S. button.

No place is pulling a cart across a green is appropriate golf etiquette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And if you believe that there is some swamp land available you can get real cheap
Y'all really should read ALL of the posts in this thread.

Start with #15...then click the link.

You're welcome.

Old 03-01-2020, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yep.

Sometimes, all you can do is provide facts, with proof...and just hope that is enough.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Well, I guess your "opinion"...isn't universally shared.

But hey, who's ever even heard of those nondescript dog tracks...mentioned in the article?

Push/Pull carts on greens (push/pull here)

You're welcome.

Just because one course in Australia allows it doesn't make it right. There is less than one square inch supporting the weight of the cart and the bag and when they turn one of the wheels is staggered and may not rotate. Since there are many here that don't fix ball marks or spike marks it probably wouldn't make much difference. Also, iff it wasn't an issue I suspect thousands of the good golf courses would allow it.....and they don't.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
playing, rain, walked, green, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.