Here is What the Director of Golf is Talking About

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Just because one course in Australia allows it doesn't make it right. There is less than one square inch supporting the weight of the cart and the bag and when they turn one of the wheels is staggered and may not rotate. Since there are many here that don't fix ball marks or spike marks it probably wouldn't make much difference. Also, iff it wasn't an issue I suspect thousands of the good golf courses would allow it.....and they don't.
Read it again it's not just one Australian course...it's three (at least).

In fact, two of them are..."ranked No. 22 and No. 11, respectively, on Golf Digest’s list of the 100 Best Courses Outside the United States."

Are those "good enough" golf courses...to meet your criteria?

And maybe you haven't heard of Bandon Dunes here in the good old USA, but you may be surprised...if you make the effort to research.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I don't give a crap what is allowed on other courses around the country, or the world for that matter, walking on the greens with a pull or push cart is frowned upon here in the Villages. Ask about it, on any Champ course, to any of the head pros, they will give you the info you don't want to hear.
Steve
Old 03-02-2020, 06:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
I don't give a crap what is allowed on other courses around the country, or the world for that matter, walking on the greens with a pull or push cart is frowned upon here in the Villages. Ask about it, on any Champ course, to any of the head pros, they will give you the info you don't want to hear.
Steve

Agree.

Some posters just want use Google to try to be contrary and attempt to say, "Look at me.". What's funny is................most don't care to look.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:51 AM
Sage

What's even funnier (sadder?), are those who have the attitude of..."I couldn't care less about facts and have the right...to be wrong."

///
Old 03-02-2020, 10:36 AM

Evidently you don't know the rules of golf. Funny you are.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffersue View Post
Evidently you don't know the rules of golf. Funny you are.

Please do share...your proclaimed expertise.

Where in the "Rules of Golf"...is this even addressed?

Old 03-02-2020, 01:23 PM

I suppose you are ok with people (with reasonable accommodation tag) parking their golf cart right in front of the green as well. Too many people haven't a clue about golf etiquette. Taking a push/pull cart onto the green in any weather is not appropriate. If you are healthy enough to walk the course you should be able to walk a few feet to the green without your cart.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
I suppose you are ok with people (with reasonable accommodation tag) parking their golf cart right in front of the green as well. Too many people haven't a clue about golf etiquette. Taking a push/pull cart onto the green in any weather is not appropriate. If you are healthy enough to walk the course you should be able to walk a few feet to the green without your cart.
You "suppose" wrong, even though.....

Please research the term 'PSI'...then let's discuss further.

I know, I know...facts can be so limiting.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	PSI.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	83065  
Old 03-02-2020, 10:38 PM
Sage

Worst thread title ever.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:13 AM
Default Walking in the rain

Very interesting thread regarding compression of grass and rules as it pertains to golf courses. I agree people should read all the posts before they make an uninformed comment.
Mine is regarding walking in the rain. I love people embracing life and nature, which includes walking in the rain. It makes one feel young again. Now that I know that couple did not hurt the course in any way, or not more so than any other human, I applaud them even stronger, for “seizing the moment”. I wish more people would be like that.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:11 AM

I would guess the clubs that are the best in the world do not get played millions of rounds a year like our local courses. I think it is courtesy on courses that get so much play.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:32 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

its call 'golf etiquette' &, sadly, i often see displays of ignorance,,, however, aren't there ( isn't there ) some sort of h-cap sticker for golfers who qualify for that status ? allows driving carts up to junior/fringe, etc ? recall something like that when we were there in jan
i'm on the bench w/wallyray on this 1
Old 03-04-2020, 08:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
its call 'golf etiquette' &, sadly, i often see displays of ignorance,,, however, aren't there ( isn't there ) some sort of h-cap sticker for golfers who qualify for that status ? allows driving carts up to junior/fringe, etc ? recall something like that when we were there in jan
i'm on the bench w/wallyray on this 1
Even with an RA (reasonable accommodation) tag, carts can, or should be parked no less than 15' from the green, also from bunkers.This is on any course, champ or exec.
Steve
Old 03-04-2020, 09:21 AM

I saw a 15 year old practicing driver swings at the tee box taking chunks of sod left and right.
He was riding with his grandmother, once they pulled away I went to them in my golf cart and asked the young man to get out of the cart and said:
Here in the Villages we take good care of our golf courses so that when you all come to visit can enjoy pristine golfing courses, so would you please grab the sand container and go back to the tee to fix
The divots you made ok?
And he did!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Even with an RA (reasonable accommodation) tag, carts can, or should be parked no less than 15' from the green, also from bunkers.This is on any course, champ or exec.
Steve
Hahahahahaha! There’s a farts chance in a whirlwind of people complying with that.

I see all of the time the entitled parking close to the greens, driving between the traps and the greens and disregarding the small stakes blocking areas around the greens by driving around and through them so they can park close to the green.

And I do say something when I see something.....

Tags
playing, rain, walked, green, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.