Here is What the Director of Golf is Talking About

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2020, 09:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Hahahahahaha! There’s a farts chance in a whirlwind of people complying with that.

I see all of the time the entitled parking close to the greens, driving between the traps and the greens and disregarding the small stakes blocking areas around the greens by driving around and through them so they can park close to the green.

And I do say something when I see something.....
I hear you.
I did say "can"..or "should be".

Steve
Old 03-05-2020, 12:06 AM

They will probably leave nice furrows in the green considering the rain. More self-entitled Villagers!
Old 03-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Golfing ambassadors are like Barney Fife...There for show not enforcement
TV isn’t going to make anybody mad! But most of the Ambassador’s will tell you the issue & drive away so they don’t get into an argument. The biggest issue that I saw a lot was slow play & have 2, 3 or 4 hole backups. Or you’ll see some golfer that can’t hit the ball from one tee box to the next & they’ll be playing from the back tees & no Ambassador, because they’re not allowed to make them mad.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Did you get wet? What's the problem? It's not your golf course
Old 03-07-2020, 01:16 PM

I played Escambia last Tuesday and most of the greens were so pockmarked with ball divots it was impossible to find a smooth path to the cup. People, please fix your ball divits with a proper tool and also at least two other ones you didn’t make. Takes very little time to do when you are waiting to put, thanks. 👍
Old 03-21-2020, 07:24 AM

What if acquiring your "Trail Fee Paid" status required a proof that you had attended - and completed - a visit to the Good Golf School? It is free and a perfect place to address some of these issues. Won't stop the "entitled" but might reach the uninformed. Many of the exec players are new to the game. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here, but why wouldn't this work? It isn't a restriction on access, just to the convenience of having a paid trail fee.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

When in Rome I do as the Romans do---Sorry
Old 03-21-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Read it again it's not just one Australian course...it's three (at least).

In fact, two of them are..."ranked No. 22 and No. 11, respectively, on Golf Digest’s list of the 100 Best Courses Outside the United States."

Are those "good enough" golf courses...to meet your criteria?

And maybe you haven't heard of Bandon Dunes here in the good old USA, but you may be surprised...if you make the effort to research.
Brandon Dunes only allow the use of their push carts which are wider and have very large tires that spread the load in a positive down force (yeah, I called them). I haven't checked the Australian course but assume the same. The Villages have handicap golf carts that are allowed on the greens because their design also spreads the load.

I also prefer the judgement of superintendents at US courses, most trained at schools that teach Golf Course Management (Penn State, University of Colorado, University of Maryland for a few) then any posts here that search our minority examples to condone bad behavior.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
playing, rain, walked, green, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.