Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2021, 09:27 AM

It is important to kerp in mind that the golf courses are the secondary form of flood control in TV. They are built and designed to hold some of the excessive water run off from storms.
If you live along a retention pond or golf course you need to understand that. Kelsey Circle up north has a huge retention pond. I saw one house on the circle that was for sale listed “Lake Front view!”
I feel for your issue but I always wonder about people that don’t want any comments that don’t support their issue.
I agree and sympathize with you but you bought property next to a water control zone, a golf course!
Old 11-13-2021, 01:23 PM
Default Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
It is important to kerp in mind that the golf courses are the secondary form of flood control in TV. They are built and designed to hold some of the excessive water run off from storms.
If you live along a retention pond or golf course you need to understand that. Kelsey Circle up north has a huge retention pond. I saw one house on the circle that was for sale listed “Lake Front view!”
I feel for your issue but I always wonder about people that don’t want any comments that don’t support their issue.
I agree and sympathize with you but you bought property next to a water control zone, a golf course!
Yes we bought next to a golf course. We believed that seeing a slotted 18"-24" drain cover that it was a STORM drain to remove water to the retention ponds. Where else does it do this 25-30 ft. from houses EVERY time it rains and remains a constant stagnant mess? I have not seen it until here, 2nd generation Villager.

Also, we are very aware that the courses are ( your key word) SECONDARY flood areas. They are not PRIMARY flood areas like this one is. This area floods constantly as the entire hole, from tee box to the green flows to this area and not to a REAL RETENTION pond as the rest of the holes on Heron do.

There is a big RETENTION POND directly behind the green about 75-100 ft. away! The green is the beginning of this so called "system" that flows the opposite way to about 150' towards the tee box to a sump well drain, than changes direction slightly (still heading towards the tee box) to a sump well drain about 15-20 ft. fairway side of cart path. It than takes an almost 90 degree turn under the cart path to the residential side into the FRENCH DRAIN. Did the leg work with a lower level Villages Exec. Golf Maintenance Supervisor to establish this.

The water flows the WRONG way and should go to that RETENTION pond!

F.Y.I. the area in question is not a RETENTION POND, it is a FRENCH DRAIN that was installed sometime between when the golf course was completed and the houses were built. It was an after thought! Per the lower level Villages Exec. Golf Maintenance Supervisor they have no record of this "drain" on their utility maps. The lower level employees all agree with us that this is an issue and needs correction.

Correcting the problem will not affect the "Secondary flood area" functionality of this hole but it will get the water flowing to the correct area THE RETENTION POND. The challenge is convincing the higher ups that there is a problem.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited by tc1963; 11-13-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:36 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
The retention ponds are the “flood control” not the golf course. The course should drain into the ponds in a reasonable time and it appears to not be the case here. Standing water for days at a time is a health hazard to the residents and for that matter also the golfers.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:07 PM
Default Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The retention ponds are the “flood control” not the golf course. The course should drain into the ponds in a reasonable time and it appears to not be the case here. Standing water for days at a time is a health hazard to the residents and for that matter also the golfers.
Thank you justjim. Glad to see some common sense. Last rain was last Thursday-Friday. Still a muddy mess. Will continue as muddy mess, baring no rain or watering, for at least another week. TV preaches to residents to avoid standing water, ie. birdbaths etc.(albeit smaller scale) to help control infected mosquitos, flies, etc. They do not practice what they preach! Keep flooding, pun intended, Mitch Leininger (info in my original post) with emails, along with pictures of this nasty health, safety, optical, and olfactory condition.

Last edited by tc1963; 11-18-2021 at 12:18 PM. Reason: info
Old 11-27-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1963 View Post
Thank you justjim. Glad to see some common sense. Last rain was last Thursday-Friday. Still a muddy mess. Will continue as muddy mess, baring no rain or watering, for at least another week. TV preaches to residents to avoid standing water, ie. birdbaths etc.(albeit smaller scale) to help control infected mosquitos, flies, etc. They do not practice what they preach! Keep flooding, pun intended, Mitch Leininger (info in my original post) with emails, along with pictures of this nasty health, safety, optical, and olfactory condition.
UPDATE: As of today still a spongy wet mud hole almost 8 months after our first photographic documentation! We guess if we are forced to sell due to the 8 months with water , muck, mosquitoes, stench, possible related health issues, 25-30 feet from master bedroom, we could list this house as waterfront. Not the outdoor quality of life that we expected! We did not want a preserve front property for just the same reasons. It is a French drain not a REAL drain that is dangerous for golfers and residents alike! FRENCH DRAINS contribute to SINK HOLES. It might be dry just in time for the Spring Rains. No action from TV Exec. Golf. thus far.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
UPDATE: As of today still a spongy wet mud hole almost 8 months after our first photographic documentation! We guess if we are forced to sell due to the 8 months with water , muck, mosquitoes, stench, possible related health issues, 25-30 feet from master bedroom, we could list this house as waterfront. Not the outdoor quality of life that we expected! We did not want a preserve front property for just the same reasons. It is a French drain not a REAL drain that is dangerous for golfers and residents alike! FRENCH DRAINS contribute to SINK HOLES. It might be dry just in time for the Spring Rains. No action from TV Exec. Golf. thus far.
Why don’t you complain to the proper people instead of complaining on this website?
Old 11-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts
Default You may not have noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Why don’t you complain to the proper people instead of complaining on this website?
Complaints have been made to the management and they are being unresponsive. This is a request for assistance by way of a "write in" campaign to get the powers that be to acknowledge the problem and take the necessary steps to fix said problem.
Your suggestion is appreciated, noted and already acted upon.
My opinion is it would be less costly, good public relations and wise for this problem to be fixed sooner than later.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Blah Blah Blah!!! Why don't you read the entire thread before complaining about this post. You would not have wasted your time with such a ridiculous response! Photos, letters, and emails have been sent to TV Exec. Golf prior to beginning this post!

Last edited by tc1963; 11-28-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Complaints have been made to the management and they are being unresponsive. This is a request for assistance by way of a "write in" campaign to get the powers that be to acknowledge the problem and take the necessary steps to fix said problem.
Your suggestion is appreciated, noted and already acted upon.
My opinion is it would be less costly, good public relations and wise for this problem to be fixed sooner than later.
Thank you fdpaq0580 for actually reading the entire thread unlike Sheena0904. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that Sheena0904 is completely clueless about. We have The Villages Home Owners Advocates (HOA) support. The VP physically met with us and our neighbors on site and observed and experienced the issue.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Blah Blah Blah!!! Why don't you read the entire thread before complaining about this post. You would not have wasted your time with such a ridiculous response! Photos, letters, and emails have been sent to TV Exec. Golf prior to beginning this post!
Hey Good Luck!
Old 12-04-2021, 06:00 AM
Default Heron Hole 4

Played there twice in the past month and saw no standing water on hole 4
However we have not had a good rain in quite some time.
Old 03-04-2022, 08:14 AM
Default Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions Update

JayDub, Yes you are correct that as of December no standing stagnant water- we are in dry season. Wait until the end of March beginning of April for rainy season.

A more significant issue has now developed as feared. A sink hole (as The Villages calls it "Depression") opened up sometime between Sunday Evening February 20 and Monday February 21(President's Day) approximately 12:20 in the afternoon. Located exactly 24 feet West of the non-functioning drain. Approximately 3 feet in diameter and about 10 inches deep. TV Exec. Golf was notified, came and placed cones and roped off the area. Easy to find.

An employee for an Engineering Company was on sight 3/3/22 at approximately 4:00. He used a 10 foot probing rod and it went all the way in as if it was going thru butter. He is ordering that Ground Penetrating Radar scan of the area be conducted to determine the extent of the issue.

Now there are no more excuses. The situation needs correction! Photos are attached. The sink hole has expanded some since the photos were taken.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 21.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	92865   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 21 a.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	92866   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 21 b.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	92867   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 21 c.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	92868  

Last edited by tc1963; 03-04-2022 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 03-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Veteran member

Thanks. I'll just have to hit a fade and keep my ball out to the right...
Old 03-04-2022, 05:24 PM

Sink hole
Old 03-05-2022, 07:36 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Thanks. I'll just have to hit a fade and keep my ball out to the right...
Your drive needs to clear the trees and keep it right.

Seriously I hope they fix the problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, path, drain, hole, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.