Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-13-2021, 09:27 AM
A-2-56 A-2-56 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 16
Thanks: 23
Thanked 22 Times in 8 Posts
Default

It is important to kerp in mind that the golf courses are the secondary form of flood control in TV. They are built and designed to hold some of the excessive water run off from storms.
If you live along a retention pond or golf course you need to understand that. Kelsey Circle up north has a huge retention pond. I saw one house on the circle that was for sale listed “Lake Front view!”
I feel for your issue but I always wonder about people that don’t want any comments that don’t support their issue.
I agree and sympathize with you but you bought property next to a water control zone, a golf course!
  #17  
Old 11-13-2021, 01:23 PM
tc1963 tc1963 is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
It is important to kerp in mind that the golf courses are the secondary form of flood control in TV. They are built and designed to hold some of the excessive water run off from storms.
If you live along a retention pond or golf course you need to understand that. Kelsey Circle up north has a huge retention pond. I saw one house on the circle that was for sale listed “Lake Front view!”
I feel for your issue but I always wonder about people that don’t want any comments that don’t support their issue.
I agree and sympathize with you but you bought property next to a water control zone, a golf course!
Yes we bought next to a golf course. We believed that seeing a slotted 18"-24" drain cover that it was a STORM drain to remove water to the retention ponds. Where else does it do this 25-30 ft. from houses EVERY time it rains and remains a constant stagnant mess? I have not seen it until here, 2nd generation Villager.

Also, we are very aware that the courses are ( your key word) SECONDARY flood areas. They are not PRIMARY flood areas like this one is. This area floods constantly as the entire hole, from tee box to the green flows to this area and not to a REAL RETENTION pond as the rest of the holes on Heron do.

There is a big RETENTION POND directly behind the green about 75-100 ft. away! The green is the beginning of this so called "system" that flows the opposite way to about 150' towards the tee box to a sump well drain, than changes direction slightly (still heading towards the tee box) to a sump well drain about 15-20 ft. fairway side of cart path. It than takes an almost 90 degree turn under the cart path to the residential side into the FRENCH DRAIN. Did the leg work with a lower level Villages Exec. Golf Maintenance Supervisor to establish this.

The water flows the WRONG way and should go to that RETENTION pond!

F.Y.I. the area in question is not a RETENTION POND, it is a FRENCH DRAIN that was installed sometime between when the golf course was completed and the houses were built. It was an after thought! Per the lower level Villages Exec. Golf Maintenance Supervisor they have no record of this "drain" on their utility maps. The lower level employees all agree with us that this is an issue and needs correction.

Correcting the problem will not affect the "Secondary flood area" functionality of this hole but it will get the water flowing to the correct area THE RETENTION POND. The challenge is convincing the higher ups that there is a problem.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited by tc1963; 11-13-2021 at 01:51 PM.
  #18  
Old 11-17-2021, 09:36 AM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 5,040
Thanks: 59
Thanked 834 Times in 317 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
It is important to kerp in mind that the golf courses are the secondary form of flood control in TV. They are built and designed to hold some of the excessive water run off from storms.
If you live along a retention pond or golf course you need to understand that. Kelsey Circle up north has a huge retention pond. I saw one house on the circle that was for sale listed “Lake Front view!”
I feel for your issue but I always wonder about people that don’t want any comments that don’t support their issue.
I agree and sympathize with you but you bought property next to a water control zone, a golf course!
The retention ponds are the “flood control” not the golf course. The course should drain into the ponds in a reasonable time and it appears to not be the case here. Standing water for days at a time is a health hazard to the residents and for that matter also the golfers.
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #19  
Old 11-18-2021, 12:07 PM
tc1963 tc1963 is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The retention ponds are the “flood control” not the golf course. The course should drain into the ponds in a reasonable time and it appears to not be the case here. Standing water for days at a time is a health hazard to the residents and for that matter also the golfers.
Thank you justjim. Glad to see some common sense. Last rain was last Thursday-Friday. Still a muddy mess. Will continue as muddy mess, baring no rain or watering, for at least another week. TV preaches to residents to avoid standing water, ie. birdbaths etc.(albeit smaller scale) to help control infected mosquitos, flies, etc. They do not practice what they preach! Keep flooding, pun intended, Mitch Leininger (info in my original post) with emails, along with pictures of this nasty health, safety, optical, and olfactory condition.

Last edited by tc1963; 11-18-2021 at 12:18 PM. Reason: info
  #20  
Old 11-27-2021, 09:34 PM
tc1963 tc1963 is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1963 View Post
Thank you justjim. Glad to see some common sense. Last rain was last Thursday-Friday. Still a muddy mess. Will continue as muddy mess, baring no rain or watering, for at least another week. TV preaches to residents to avoid standing water, ie. birdbaths etc.(albeit smaller scale) to help control infected mosquitos, flies, etc. They do not practice what they preach! Keep flooding, pun intended, Mitch Leininger (info in my original post) with emails, along with pictures of this nasty health, safety, optical, and olfactory condition.
UPDATE: As of today still a spongy wet mud hole almost 8 months after our first photographic documentation! We guess if we are forced to sell due to the 8 months with water , muck, mosquitoes, stench, possible related health issues, 25-30 feet from master bedroom, we could list this house as waterfront. Not the outdoor quality of life that we expected! We did not want a preserve front property for just the same reasons. It is a French drain not a REAL drain that is dangerous for golfers and residents alike! FRENCH DRAINS contribute to SINK HOLES. It might be dry just in time for the Spring Rains. No action from TV Exec. Golf. thus far.
  #21  
Old 11-28-2021, 10:14 AM
sheena0904 sheena0904 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 51
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1963 View Post
UPDATE: As of today still a spongy wet mud hole almost 8 months after our first photographic documentation! We guess if we are forced to sell due to the 8 months with water , muck, mosquitoes, stench, possible related health issues, 25-30 feet from master bedroom, we could list this house as waterfront. Not the outdoor quality of life that we expected! We did not want a preserve front property for just the same reasons. It is a French drain not a REAL drain that is dangerous for golfers and residents alike! FRENCH DRAINS contribute to SINK HOLES. It might be dry just in time for the Spring Rains. No action from TV Exec. Golf. thus far.
Why don’t you complain to the proper people instead of complaining on this website?
  #22  
Old 11-28-2021, 02:15 PM
fdpaq0580 fdpaq0580 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 579
Thanks: 322
Thanked 688 Times in 268 Posts
Default You may not have noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Why don’t you complain to the proper people instead of complaining on this website?
Complaints have been made to the management and they are being unresponsive. This is a request for assistance by way of a "write in" campaign to get the powers that be to acknowledge the problem and take the necessary steps to fix said problem.
Your suggestion is appreciated, noted and already acted upon.
My opinion is it would be less costly, good public relations and wise for this problem to be fixed sooner than later.
  #23  
Old 11-28-2021, 03:46 PM
tc1963 tc1963 is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Why don’t you complain to the proper people instead of complaining on this website?
Blah Blah Blah!!! Why don't you read the entire thread before complaining about this post. You would not have wasted your time with such a ridiculous response! Photos, letters, and emails have been sent to TV Exec. Golf prior to beginning this post!

Last edited by tc1963; 11-28-2021 at 04:32 PM.
  #24  
Old 11-28-2021, 03:56 PM
tc1963 tc1963 is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Complaints have been made to the management and they are being unresponsive. This is a request for assistance by way of a "write in" campaign to get the powers that be to acknowledge the problem and take the necessary steps to fix said problem.
Your suggestion is appreciated, noted and already acted upon.
My opinion is it would be less costly, good public relations and wise for this problem to be fixed sooner than later.
Thank you fdpaq0580 for actually reading the entire thread unlike Sheena0904. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that Sheena0904 is completely clueless about. We have The Villages Home Owners Advocates (HOA) support. The VP physically met with us and our neighbors on site and observed and experienced the issue.
  #25  
Old 11-28-2021, 09:03 PM
sheena0904 sheena0904 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 51
Thanks: 11
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1963 View Post
Blah Blah Blah!!! Why don't you read the entire thread before complaining about this post. You would not have wasted your time with such a ridiculous response! Photos, letters, and emails have been sent to TV Exec. Golf prior to beginning this post!
Hey Good Luck!
  #26  
Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM
John Weatherholtz's Avatar
John Weatherholtz John Weatherholtz is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Heron Hole 4

Played there twice in the past month and saw no standing water on hole 4
However we have not had a good rain in quite some time.
Reply

Tags
water, path, drain, hole, line

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.