How do we stop the addition of Pitch and Putt courses?

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2023, 05:19 PM

The system was not able to accommodate this request. (for Thursday) My request had 16 executive golf courses listed. Obviously we have too many points, because we golf too much and nothing is available.
I stopped counting open tee times at "pitch-n-putts" at 75.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causey View Post
The system was not able to accommodate this request. (for Thursday) My request had 16 executive golf courses listed. Obviously we have too many points, because we golf too much and nothing is available.
Probably, I usually get whatever I request but only play once a week.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Ok, I have to rant a bit here. Everyone complaining, but also abusing the system then griping when what they are doing penalizes them. I’m a starter, and this morning between 7:20 and 11:30 we had 15 no shows. Mostly from men and ladies groups. Now they will get triple the points and maybe knock that group out next week and knock the individuals from others requests they put in. Then they will complain about not getting tee times. I can’t feel sorry for these people.
The people I do feel sorry for are the singles and couples calling looking for open tee times. Get a call about every 15-20 minutes. Have to tell them none available because these groups have all the times sewn up. If these groups would cancel these individuals the day before and consolidate their players others could find slots online and book them. Or at least have the courtesy to call in the morning and cancel the individuals so the tee times could be given to others when they call wanting to golf. Don’t wait until your group checks in and then say… oh these 2, 3 or 4 people aren’t coming. Those slots are lost. But then I know many do this just so others can’t jump in.
I wish the system would average points over a month vs a week. Then maybe these abusers would get the message when they couldn’t get a tee time for a month.
Don't scream about not having enough courses when 16-20 slots just in the morning at one starter shack are being wasted. Now multiple that for the afternoon too, and then again for all the executive courses… 100’s of tee time wasted daily.
Rant over.

Last edited by MSchad; 01-30-2023 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2023, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Ok, I have to rant a bit here. Everyone complaining, but also abusing the system then griping when what they are doing penalizes them. I’m a starter, and this morning between 7:20 and 11:30 we had 15 no shows. Mostly from men and ladies groups. Now they will get triple the points and maybe knock that group out next week and knock the individuals from others requests they put in. Then they will complain about not getting tee times. I can’t feel sorry for these people.
The people I do feel sorry for are the singles and couples calling looking for open tee times. Get a call about every 15-20 minutes. Have to tell them none available because these groups have all the times sewn up. If these groups would cancel these individuals the day before and consolidate their players others could find slots online and book them. Or at least have the courtesy to call in the morning and cancel the individuals so the tee times could be given to others when they call wanting to golf. Don’t wait until your group checks in and then say… oh these 2, 3 or 4 people aren’t coming. Those slots are lost. But then I know many do this just so others can’t jump in.
I wish the system would average points over a month vs a week. Then maybe these abusers would get the message when they couldn’t get a tee time for a month.
Don't scream about not having enough courses when 16-20 slots just in the morning at one starter shack are being wasted. Now multiple that for the afternoon too, and then again for all the executive courses… 100’s of tee time wasted daily.
Rant over.
Thank you for offering what really is happening. Facts rather than ignorant opinions.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Rant over.
Not surprised.
But the no show will play next week, the group will use another number
Isn’t a new tee time system coming, maybe it will be easy to manage the groups.

Also like the idea of averaging points over a month.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 View Post
Three pitch and putt courses south of 44. These courses are the last to get booked which is a clear indicator that they are least desirable for home owners. This activity of building non-desirable pitch and putt courses south of 44 continues to put pressure on executive courses north of 44. How do we stop this bad behavior? I sent a mail to villages.com but wonder if there is a better way.

Dan
Yep developer is going to change plans, just to keep you happy. See if developer will sell you the next 3 projects, for golf courses, then you can build your own village of ———-. Or ask village of Stu if he has room for what you think should be built.

Pitch and putt is a walking course, some can’t walk the course, some, more walking than they do in a week, and others just unhappy that they can’t drive their cart to the green tees, then next to the green, walking as little as possible. Some just have a hard time adjusting to carrying only 3 clubs. Either way I would bet $10 developer is going to stick to what works for them.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:48 AM

There are other solutions. Occasionally we go "off campus" to some very nice courses in the surrounding area just to avoid accumulating points. The cost is less than a Villages championship course, and almost always the conditions are better. A lot better.
Curious how these courses can have nicer conditions, at less cost.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:02 AM

There are other options in the surrounding area. The "off campus" courses we go to (to avoid points) are less expensive than Villages championship courses, with better conditions than we have here in the Villages.
Seems like the Villages championship courses are available, but too expensive for what you get.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
There are other options in the surrounding area. The "off campus" courses we go to (to avoid points) are less expensive than Villages championship courses, with better conditions than we have here in the Villages.
Seems like the Villages championship courses are available, but too expensive for what you get.
There's an obvious "convenience premium" on the championship courses here. Being able to drive your own cart, is the primary reason so many of us put up with mostly poor course conditions, at higher than warranted prices compared to other courses outside The Bubble.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,249 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Rant over.

-Tom Petty
Old 01-31-2023, 08:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Not surprised.
But the no show will play next week, the group will use another number
Isn’t a new tee time system coming, maybe it will be easy to manage the groups.

Also like the idea of averaging points over a month.
Don't they have to put in the ID # of everyone in the group?

I know that's how it works in a championship course group I play with. They are all "priority" golf members and I'm not (since I'm not in TV enough to make it cost effective)...

They make the group tee-times of 3-4 foursomes (if they used a non-priority #, (AKA me), the group would be knocked out of the priority ranking), they leave me off the list. Once they e-mail the tee-time lists out, I look for an opening in one of the foursomes. Most times there is one. Occasionally, I get blocked out... Such is life...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-31-2023, 09:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
There's an obvious "convenience premium" on the championship courses here. Being able to drive your own cart, is the primary reason so many of us put up with mostly poor course conditions, at higher than warranted prices compared to other courses outside The Bubble.
The fact that you drive your own cart makes these overpriced courses even more profitable to the owners. Courses outside The Villages have lower rates that include a cart.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
The fact that you drive your own cart makes these overpriced courses even more profitable to the owners. Courses outside The Villages have lower rates that include a cart.
Most courses make significant $$$ renting carts...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, pitch, putt, south, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.