How do we stop the addition of Pitch and Putt courses?

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2023, 07:42 AM

I think there are many more people playing the PNPs than shown on the tee time reservation system. I think many people just walk up to the starter shack without a tee time and sign-in. Every time we go to Edna’s the PNP seems to have a lot of play! If you are a person who has never played golf, or is starting out as a beginner and don’t want to slow down the play on an executive course, would you sign up and pay for the tee time system if you were starting out and trying it out? The only way to find out now many people are actually playing the PNPs is to go to the starter shack and see how many have signed up on the tally sheets, or call the golf administration office and ask, they know.
Old 01-22-2023, 07:45 AM

Disappointed that the closest executive course to Citrus Grove is over a half hour away. More than the one or two planned on the other side of the Turnpike would be better than several more pitch and putts.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrieJ View Post
Disappointed that the closest executive course to Citrus Grove is over a half hour away. More than the one or two planned on the other side of the Turnpike would be better than several more pitch and putts.
Actually, six executive courses are planned south of the turnpike.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 View Post
Let’s cut to the chase. It is a fact that the pitch and putt courses book last, thus they are the least desirable courses to play. Why? It is a fact that 190 yd tee shots are harder than 90 yd tee shots. Contrary to what others may imply. People want to play courses that offer challenges. If you are ok with pitch and putt courses. Or if you are ok with people south of 44 driving north to play then please push back on my post. Otherwise, I am simply asking if there are ways to help influence the developers to build what home owners want.
Oh, I did not realize you speak for all homeowners.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Three pitch and putt courses south of 44. These courses are the last to get booked which is a clear indicator that they are least desirable for home owners. This activity of building non-desirable pitch and putt courses south of 44 continues to put pressure on executive courses north of 44. How do we stop this bad behavior? I sent a mail to villages.com but wonder if there is a better way.

Dan
I'm stunned at how many people here think the world revolves around them. Fortunately, I doubt the developer has any interest in what a few self absorbed individuals want.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:11 AM
Gold member

Is there parking for cars at all these pitch and putt courses.?
Old 01-22-2023, 08:27 AM

Per the Daily Sun on Jan. 3 -
two executive, 2 championship, one pitch and putt.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:32 AM
Default Pitch & Putt golf courses...

Quote:
Three pitch and putt courses south of 44. These courses are the last to get booked which is a clear indicator that they are least desirable for home owners. This activity of building non-desirable pitch and putt courses south of 44 continues to put pressure on executive courses north of 44. How do we stop this bad behavior? I sent a mail to villages.com but wonder if there is a better way.

Dan
The Developers are planning 20 years out, so the global picture is different than what people complain about today. Oddly enough, not everyone of the 140,000 living in "The Bubble" play golf, so other activities are also needed. There are 13 Championship courses, 41 executive courses, 3 pitch & putts, and 3 putt & plays - that's a whole lot of golf! There are plenty of opportunities to play executive courses, if you consider all 41 + 3 as options. And why not, The Bubble is a unique and amazing place to live - getting out and seeing everything above "44" may just enhance one's appreciation for the exceptional job the developers have done, are doing now, and are planning for the future.

Booking 4-some tee times for playing 4 times a week and 8 couples for Saturdays, I've experienced not getting the requested time/courses out of a list of 12 in each Request. And yes, there are tee times available 3 days in advance to provide play the Pitch & Putts - but they are full, on game day, too. We've never had to sit home, without a tee time, which, to me, is amazing. Our 8 couples were scheduled to El Diablo yesterday, so travel is not out of the question (playing in the rain is, though).

The day the Developers stop making money is the day I put my house on the market. Forbes says each of the family members are billionaires - they don't HAVE to do this, so they must ENJOY doing it.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrieJ View Post
Per the Daily Sun on Jan. 3 -
two executive, 2 championship, one pitch and putt.
Three new championship courses, (two 18’s and one 27), six executives, one additional pitch and putt and a golf academy.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15
Old 01-22-2023, 08:40 AM
Default Convert and build

Quote:

Dan
Convert 1 or 2 executive courses way north to pitch and putt or just putt And build more executive south. The older population enjoy the shorter holes, maybe not the walking.
There seems to be plenty of pickle ball courts. Indoor or covered courts a good idea but costly idea.

The business model for the current expansion has changed.
Spanish Springs was built BEFORE the surrounding villages. Same with Sumter. Same with Brownwood. Build it and they will come!
Now its …………..They will come anyway!

Sawgrass is a new concept. While a more casual idea it is NOT A SQUARE. The newer villages are waiting for a REAL SQUARE and courses. The number of homes is putting pressure on current infrastructure to the north. Villages south of 44 are hiring bands and entertainment and holding block parties ! It shouldn’t be this way.
However , as long as demand remains high, the developer is going to build in a way that makes them the most profit. More $$$ in houses then golf courses.

Growth brings new challenges and problems. Chose your area to buy wisely
Old 01-22-2023, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Be Thankful "The Morse Clan" has given you a few activities South of CR-44.
As you well know by now living South of CR-44 definitely does not have the number of activities as up North. Do you?
Perhaps your Village Sales person did not tell you everything. For some reason, they are told WHAT TO SAY and what not to MENTION.
People will buy South of CR-44 and do not know what they are in for.
Just how many Publix stores do you have to shop in in the South?
Might you have more than one shopping center for how many people?
You need to drive North to Shop, and Dine, and to a Town Square overloading them. When they were designed it was for the number of homes being developed near them. Seems the Morse Clan does not care other than selling homes for huge profits.
Before buying South of CR-44 do yourself a favor and talk to Real Estate Brokers not affiliated with The Villages as there are many for thier views.
A bulletin from Port St. Lucie, FL.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
There are thousands of people on TOTV. People should post their preferences - executive courses or pitch & putts.

If you want the developer to build more executive courses, post that.

If you want the developer to build more pitch & putts, post that.

We can send the results to the developer. I would think he might be interested in the results.
I vote for a golf cart drive in movie...
Old 01-22-2023, 08:59 AM
Default More Executive courses is my vote please!!!

I vote for more executive…enough pitch and putt and championship courses until they get further south..
Old 01-22-2023, 09:18 AM

They are all booked every day. I think these courses are great.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:20 AM

The good thing is if you are unhappy here you don't have to stay.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, pitch, putt, south, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.