Longleaf

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2021, 02:27 PM
Default Longleaf

Approximately a 25 minute golf car ride south from Brownwood will get you in the parking lot. Played round here today for first time in many months. I found the overall conditions on the course in great condition considering the snowbird entourage that recently subsided. Quick rolling greens and great scenery and features surround numerous holes. Take the ride south if looking for a challenge and/or to take in some new scenery.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:05 AM
Default If you want another real treat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogme480 View Post
Approximately a 25 minute golf car ride south from Brownwood will get you in the parking lot. Played round here today for first time in many months. I found the overall conditions on the course in great condition considering the snowbird entourage that recently subsided. Quick rolling greens and great scenery and features surround numerous holes. Take the ride south if looking for a challenge and/or to take in some new scenery.
Make a tee time for Lowlands. Red Fox and Gray Fox are also nice courses, but Gray Fox is plagued by massive excavation and construction right now. We have been very fortunate to have very nice Executive courses "down here" south of the "mainland".
Old 05-04-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

I have played all of the executive courses south of 44 and they were challenging. Can you still rent a cart for $3? It’s a long cart ride to some of them - over an hour.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Last Sunday we took our cart from Poinciana (near Cane Garden) to Loblolly. Villages App says it was 11.1 miles, took less than 40 minutes to get there. Lowlands would be even closer, as we passed it on the way.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I have played all of the executive courses south of 44 and they were challenging. Can you still rent a cart for $3? It’s a long cart ride to some of them - over an hour.
Yes...cart rentals are $3.00. Plus the $4.00 trail fee if you don't have the annual pass.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:50 AM
Veteran member

Move south and the ride is shorter !

Old 05-12-2021, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

Hilarious you guys are driving close to half an hour in some parts of the villages to get to a golf course. If some of you guys are smart you look at the map and see all the beautiful communities that are not the villages that are playable. Don't be cheap support the other golf courses in lake and Sumter that other non-village communities, and also their restaurants

Quote:
Old 05-12-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Hilarious you guys are driving close to half an hour in some parts of the villages to get to a golf course. If some of you guys are smart you look at the map and see all the beautiful communities that are not the villages that are playable. Don't be cheap support the other golf courses in lake and Sumter that other non-village communities, and also their restaurants
Why again?
Old 06-02-2021, 10:20 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Yes...cart rentals are $3.00. Plus the $4.00 trail fee if you don't have the annual pass.
That is a pull cart correct ? Surely an electric/gas cart rental would not be $3.00 ? Or would it ? We have paid an annual fee to run our own cart on the villages golf courses and paths, but if we don't take our own cart down there we can rent carts for $3.00 ?? I'm thinking this would be a walking/pull cart ?
Old 06-03-2021, 03:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
That is a pull cart correct ? Surely an electric/gas cart rental would not be $3.00 ? Or would it ? We have paid an annual fee to run our own cart on the villages golf courses and paths, but if we don't take our own cart down there we can rent carts for $3.00 ?? I'm thinking this would be a walking/pull cart ?
Gas cart. Pull carts are $1.00 if I remember correctly.

Tags
south, great, scenery, ride, subsided

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.