Mangrove

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2017, 12:43 PM
Default Mangrove

Played Mangrove last evening and the course was in deplorable condition. Probably a 2-3 out of 10. Greens terrible and this was after a week of being closed and aerated.

Also was behind four Professionals. Must have been pros because they didn't rake a single trap between the four of them. Must have been assuming their caddies were going to do this. Plus one of the cart drivers, and I use that term loosely lefty their cart half way between the tee and the green on most holes so that when they finally finished and laughed at their 8-10 shots on that hole they SLOWLY meandered back to the cart so that they could do it all over again.

And before you ask I did mention it to the Ambassador who gave me the while you know how some of these people are. I will speak to them as he headed off in the opposite direction. Here's hoping once the twilight golf start these characters stick to the Exec Courses vs the Championship Courses
Old 05-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Played Mangrove last evening and the course was in deplorable condition. Probably a 2-3 out of 10. Greens terrible and this was after a week of being closed and aerated.

Also was behind four Professionals. Must have been pros because they didn't rake a single trap between the four of them. Must have been assuming their caddies were going to do this. Plus one of the cart drivers, and I use that term loosely lefty their cart half way between the tee and the green on most holes so that when they finally finished and laughed at their 8-10 shots on that hole they SLOWLY meandered back to the cart so that they could do it all over again.

And before you ask I did mention it to the Ambassador who gave me the while you know how some of these people are. I will speak to them as he headed off in the opposite direction. Here's hoping once the twilight golf start these characters stick to the Exec Courses vs the Championship Courses
Florida drought is USA's worst
Old 05-19-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Drought has not impacted other neighboring courses in the area to the same extent. Lets not go down that path. As for Mangrove and its sister course across the street, Sweetgum the courses have both been in deplorable condition for the past 6 months
Old 05-19-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Drought has not impacted other neighboring courses in the area to the same extent. Lets not go down that path. As for Mangrove and its sister course across the street, Sweetgum the courses have both been in deplorable condition for the past 6 months
Neither one of these courses should be open for play, both should have been closed down and kept closed before the snowbirds left until they were properly taken care of!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 05-20-2017, 08:49 AM

Absolutely agree
Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:

I have found that it helps improve my satisfaction with course conditions to remove recently aerated exec courses from my course selection (on tee time requests) for at least 3 weeks.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, mangrove, courses, mention, ambassador

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.