Oakleigh and Amberwood

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Oakleigh and Amberwood

Played them both today. What a pleasure to finally play greens in The Villages that are actually puttable. Both courses, overall, were in very nice shape. Many greens did have the bad patches that are ubiquitous in The Villages. But they were small and few. Some greens and fringes had some newly sodded areas which is fine. I just took relief if I landed on them or they were in my line on a green.

One thing that was troubling is that I came to the seventh hole of Amberwood at about 11:30 and there was a worker mowing the green. The group in front of us finished and I went up to the tee to hit and this guy just ignored us and kept mowing. I waited until he was done and by that time the group behind of was approaching the tee.

I find it very strange to see greens getting mowed in the middle of a busy day.

But the courses are in very good condition.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, group, tee, green, mowing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.