overseeding

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 AM

Playing ocala national tomorrow for 28 bucks booked on T off.com beats most championship courses in the villages and the layout is awesome.Give it try
Old 03-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Every course outside the bubble is in better shape than The Villages!!
If I wasn't a priority member, I would feel ripped off paying nearly $60 for our courses.

Only reason I'm priority is because my Wednesday and Friday groups require it.

I look forward to Saturdays playing places like Stone Creek, Arlington Ridge, CC of Ocala, Juliette Falls, and even Eagle Ridge.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

A note to Mark Morse or Jennifer Paar would have more effect than just posting here on TOTV.

One of their main marketing tools is not living up to their past performance. Ask them if they don't care anymore and we would appreciate getting back to what we bought into level of course quality.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 AM

Played the Palmer course several weeks ago; terrible conditions, especially the greens. Arnie is probably rolling over in his grave.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up tp Orlando area.
Ummm It's DOWN to the Orlando area.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
Played the Palmer course several weeks ago; terrible conditions, especially the greens. Arnie is probably rolling over in his grave.
Yep.

I took a visiting friend out on Palmer recently and I was embarrassed, knowing this was supposed to be...among the best we have to offer?

He was impressed overall with TV, but was totally underwhelmed with the 'value' of Palmer...particularly compared to some nearby courses he played.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up tp Orlando area.
Actually, Orlando is gotten to by heading down; Ocala is headed up; Daytona Beach is headed over and St. Pete/Clearwater is headed over.

Now that the geography lesson is over, the courses will be back; The Villages just took the Golf Division back over in late December and the courses will be back.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up to Orlando area.
Some great courses, in excellent condition...at a much better "value."

I also get a chuckle from (and shake my head at) those who are trying to (incorrectly) correct/admonish you, to their simple-minded preferred way to describe directions...based apparently on north being at the top of a map page.

If one were really trying to be totally accurate, the use of 'up-to' and 'down-to' in regards to a map direction...would be based on altitude.

In which case, since The Villages is officially at 75 ft. above sea level and Orlando is 102 ft. above sea level...one would in fact go 'up-to' Orlando from here.

Although facts should matter...pettiness rates more views..
Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Florida is,different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Some great courses, in excellent condition...at a much better "value."

I also get a chuckle from (and shake my head at) those who are trying to (incorrectly) correct/admonish you, to their simple-minded preferred way to describe directions...based apparently on north being at the top of a map page.

If one were really trying to be totally accurate, the use of 'up-to' and 'down-to' in regards to a map direction...would be based on altitude.

In which case, since The Villages is officially at 75 ft. above sea level and Orlando is 102 ft. above sea level...one would in fact go 'up-to' Orlando from here.

Although facts should matter...pettiness rates more views..
Cold you are correct. Florida is a strange up and down state. Just east of Clermont is the seconds highest point in Florida. We have rivers that flow north instead of south. St. John’s for one. Sorry geography is off the subject matter.

We played Yankee Clipper on Monday. Fairways and grass near the greens were not in good shape. Greens were inconsistent and bumpy. 3 putted 3 times but perhaps I need a different putter 😜 so I told the wife.

Tags
kind, alternative, paint, spray, chincy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.