overseeding

overseeding

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Thanks for the answers folks. I guess my main concern is the fairways and grass around the greens. Not much turf. More like hardpack. Makes chipping tougher. Too easy to blade the shot. Truth be told I am fairly new to the game so appreciate the feedback.

Poor Championship course conditions
Old 03-12-2019, 09:57 AM

Default Poor Championship course conditions

I have lived and played golf here for 14 years now and the present championship course conditions are the worst I have seen. I would think TV would at least make sure the greens are in nice shape but I find most greens are very inconsistent with being bumpy and bare spots. It really takes the enjoyment out of the game.
One comparison is a course just outside TV. Eagle Ridge gets heavy play by members and Villagers and others in area. They over seed and this course is in beautiful shape. Their greens are smooth and even texture and consistent hole to hole. Tee boxes have grass on them and fairways a pleasure to hit off because they have grass.
The Villages have the money to do it right but it is like they do not really care anymore.
Sponsored Links
Greens
Old 03-13-2019, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

Default Greens

Love fast greens, the faster the better. Hate to play slow ones.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Sage

I no longer play the championship courses but I suspect the greens are much better maintained than the executive courses.
Too many executive course greens are a disgrace. The observation is not just a current condition but ongoing for some time now.

And I conclude (right or wrong) the courses North of 466 are much better cared for.....especially the greens. There cannot be that much difference in conditions if the maintenance was equal.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:34 AM

If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up tp Orlando area.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 AM

Playing ocala national tomorrow for 28 bucks booked on T off.com beats most championship courses in the villages and the layout is awesome.Give it try
Old 03-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Every course outside the bubble is in better shape than The Villages!!
If I wasn't a priority member, I would feel ripped off paying nearly $60 for our courses.

Only reason I'm priority is because my Wednesday and Friday groups require it.

I look forward to Saturdays playing places like Stone Creek, Arlington Ridge, CC of Ocala, Juliette Falls, and even Eagle Ridge.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage

A note to Mark Morse or Jennifer Paar would have more effect than just posting here on TOTV.

One of their main marketing tools is not living up to their past performance. Ask them if they don't care anymore and we would appreciate getting back to what we bought into level of course quality.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 AM

Played the Palmer course several weeks ago; terrible conditions, especially the greens. Arnie is probably rolling over in his grave.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up tp Orlando area.
Ummm It's DOWN to the Orlando area.

Tags
kind, alternative, paint, spray, chincy