overseeding

overseeding

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
Played the Palmer course several weeks ago; terrible conditions, especially the greens. Arnie is probably rolling over in his grave.
Yep.

I took a visiting friend out on Palmer recently and I was embarrassed, knowing this was supposed to be...among the best we have to offer?

He was impressed overall with TV, but was totally underwhelmed with the 'value' of Palmer...particularly compared to some nearby courses he played.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up tp Orlando area.
Actually, Orlando is gotten to by heading down; Ocala is headed up; Daytona Beach is headed over and St. Pete/Clearwater is headed over.

Now that the geography lesson is over, the courses will be back; The Villages just took the Golf Division back over in late December and the courses will be back.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
If you’re interested in playing some great courses in great condition head up to Orlando area.
Some great courses, in excellent condition...at a much better "value."

I also get a chuckle from (and shake my head at) those who are trying to (incorrectly) correct/admonish you, to their simple-minded preferred way to describe directions...based apparently on north being at the top of a map page.

If one were really trying to be totally accurate, the use of 'up-to' and 'down-to' in regards to a map direction...would be based on altitude.

In which case, since The Villages is officially at 75 ft. above sea level and Orlando is 102 ft. above sea level...one would in fact go 'up-to' Orlando from here.

Although facts should matter...pettiness rates more views..
Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Default Florida is,different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Some great courses, in excellent condition...at a much better "value."

I also get a chuckle from (and shake my head at) those who are trying to (incorrectly) correct/admonish you, to their simple-minded preferred way to describe directions...based apparently on north being at the top of a map page.

If one were really trying to be totally accurate, the use of 'up-to' and 'down-to' in regards to a map direction...would be based on altitude.

In which case, since The Villages is officially at 75 ft. above sea level and Orlando is 102 ft. above sea level...one would in fact go 'up-to' Orlando from here.

Although facts should matter...pettiness rates more views..
Cold you are correct. Florida is a strange up and down state. Just east of Clermont is the seconds highest point in Florida. We have rivers that flow north instead of south. St. John’s for one. Sorry geography is off the subject matter.

We played Yankee Clipper on Monday. Fairways and grass near the greens were not in good shape. Greens were inconsistent and bumpy. 3 putted 3 times but perhaps I need a different putter 😜 so I told the wife.

Tags
kind, alternative, paint, spray, chincy