Pimlico, Belmont & Churchill

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2019, 04:22 PM
Default Pimlico, Belmont & Churchill

Probably not news to Exec. course maintenance how bad the condition of all 3 courses are at Pimlico - I play Amberwood and Oakleigh a lot because they are great - why can't other courses be as good?
Old 05-13-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloisbaughn2133 View Post
Probably not news to Exec. course maintenance how bad the condition of all 3 courses are at Pimlico - I play Amberwood and Oakleigh a lot because they are great - why can't other courses be as good?
Because whoever built the courses at Chatham got lucky and built them kinda right lol. Pretty much all the other Exec. course are thrown together as quickly as possible and not even close to being built properly. If you build something like crap guess what? it’s going to be crap! and that’s before they Herd the rounds through.

Last edited by sheena0904; 05-13-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:41 AM

We played Belmont on Saturday. The greens really need a lot of work. They are in the worst condition I have ever played.Golf
Golf course maintenance needs to redo them like they have Oakleigh.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:14 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Such a shame they can't get their ____ together on these courses.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloisbaughn2133 View Post
I guess you missed this thread?
Executive Courses
Old 05-28-2019, 06:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Because whoever built the courses at Chatham got lucky and built them kinda right lol. Pretty much all the other Exec. course are thrown together as quickly as possible and not even close to being built properly. If you build something like crap guess what? it’s going to be crap! and that’s before they Herd the rounds through.
Could you share some details about how they were built incorrectly. You seem to have some knowlege that would be interesting to hear.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Could you share some details about how they were built incorrectly. You seem to have some knowlege that would be interesting to hear.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Houses obviously make the money, so land is moved very quickly on the executives courses leading to a thrown together course not built properly. Just my opinion though. I don’t know why bogie shooter finds it’s funny!! I’ve done 10 marathons by the way!
Old 06-03-2019, 06:14 AM

I have been in The Villages since 2004 and the courses today are in the worst condition ever. Played Bacall yesterday and tee boxes are a joke. Weeds everywhere.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:43 PM

The Villages has enjoyed a huge expansion a good part because of referrals from current residents. I have been here for 16 years and have recommended "The Villages" as a great place to live", speaking only for myself I have stopped telling people about the The Villages as it is not the same place it was 5 or ten years ago. The owners now care about one thing "Money", the condition of the golf courses is just one example.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post
I have been in The Villages since 2004 and the courses today are in the worst condition ever. Played Bacall yesterday and tee boxes are a joke. Weeds everywhere.
I read they have a new person heading up the executive courses maintenance. Given the number of rounds played, it will be a challenge.

Tags
pimlico, courses, lot, oakleigh, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.