Pitch and putt

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshaw View Post
My opinion is that regardless of ability of play we can have an 3xpe ration of a decent level ofcondion of course. We do past for it.
Can you please translate that into English ??? Thanks !
Old 07-13-2020, 06:11 AM

This course is a disaster. Poorly maintained. Sad. I will not play there again.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmfussell View Post
As a new golfer, I really enjoy the Marshview Pitch and Put. It is not mini golf and it does a disservice to those who like the course to talk about it derisively. If your golf skills have progressed beyond this course, there are, of course, many more options for you here in The Villages. I, for, one, will keep playing Marshview until I feel confident enough to get out on another course. All of you experienced golfers should be thankful that there is somewhere for people to learn that keeps them out of your way!
I don't believe that anyone's golf skills have ever progressed beyond a pitch and putt. This should be a very useful tool for anyone who is serious about improving their game. In fact, short game guru, Dave Pelz, has built a pitch and putt course on his learning facility in Texas.

The idea that a pitch and putt course is only for new golfers to learn on misses the point.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:35 AM
Default Put and Play

Well we are south of the turnpike. Developer is all about selling houses with fake promises. Property Manager needs to be fired. This isn’t the only place that is really bad. Nothing will be done until we standup and insist these things are taken care of. Love it here but they need to step it up. Wasn’t like this when we first came here 12 yrs ago.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolesman74 View Post
This course is a disaster. Poorly maintained. Sad. I will not play there again.
Not sure the last time you played there but currently, the course is in EXCELLENT condition !!

I only wish that the courses north of 44 were in as good shape !

The original poster’s observations are a month old .

I was there this morning ........
Old 07-15-2020, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Pitch & Putt courses are ok once in awhile for practice, but are a poor substitute for a full length (par 4's and 5's) or even an executive course. The developer likes the idea of "pitch and putt" and "putt and play" layouts because they use less land and enables them to jam in more houses on available land. And they can still claim to offer "free golf" to unsuspecting home buyers. It's no surprise that they would like to convert the Silver Lake executive course to a "pitch and putt" layout. Maybe cram some more housing in there too. Perhaps "mini golf" will be the next substitute for real golf courses.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, pitch, speak, people, cutting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.