Sarasota Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Gold member
Default Sarasota Executive Course

Because golf course conditions can change pretty rapidly, from time-to-time I'll be removing/deleting older posts in hopes this helps ensure TOTV users of this forum are seeing "Current Course Conditions."

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Information out of date.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:05 AM

Played this course on June 24, 2016. It's OK. According to the 2016 Green Aerification Schedule Sarasota was aerated on June 5th but the greens still have a lot of sand on them -perhaps from a followup top-dressing. The greens were really soft so many of my shots made significant ball marks. FYI: While repairing these marks I noted there is very little root growth and the soil is black and mucky.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Because golf course conditions can change pretty rapidly, from time-to-time I'll be removing/deleting older posts in hopes this helps ensure TOTV users of this forum are seeing "Current Course Conditions."
Are you and DH Harrold the same person???? I see YOUR post was edited by DHHarrold. Just trying to understand.

YES, I'm DDHARROLD (Dave Harrold) and the moderator of this entire forum. I have permission from TOTV staff to keep this forum's content fresh and on-topic.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddharrold View Post
Played this course on June 24, 2016. It's OK. According to the 2016 Green Aerification Schedule Sarasota was aerated on June 5th but the greens still have a lot of sand on them -perhaps from a followup top-dressing. The greens were really soft so many of my shots made significant ball marks. FYI: While repairing these marks I noted there is very little root growth and the soil is black and mucky.
I've noticed that type of soil also in repairing ball marks on some of the courses; seems to me that will lead to a grass killing fungus. And then on some courses, the soil seems normal but there appears to be minimal root growth. Mother Nature needs to open the heavens up to a good soaking rain. I worry that some of the chemicals in the "reclaimed" irrigation water isn't doing our lawns, fairways and greens any favor.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:51 PM

Our group played here Aug. 19th and found the course to be in pretty good shape. The greens look good but most are rather bumpy.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddharrold View Post
Our group played here Aug. 19th and found the course to be in pretty good shape. The greens look good but most are rather bumpy.
Do they ever roll the greens?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Do they ever roll the greens?

I have seldom seen it done on the exec courses. The greens on Escambia were also bumpy today.

Tags
walk, practice, sarasota, green, end, area, driving, rangeto, starters, shacknear, parked, areaback, cart, flat, easiest, lessons, pro, tee, greento, shop, golf, walked, system, root, shallow-might

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.