Silver lake

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2018, 03:48 PM
Default Silver lake

PLAYED SILVER LAKES THIS MORNING, IT JUST OPENED THE OTHER DAY, HAD TO LEAVE AFTER 2 HOLES, SOMEONE FORGOT TO CUT THE FAIRWAY, ALL (4) AND PEOPLE AHEAD OF US HAD SAME PROBLEM O LOST BALLS COULD NOT FIND THEM GRASS SO LONG, LOOKED FORWARD TO PLAYING IT AGAIN.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:31 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Maybe the mower broke.... Fun little course.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:33 AM
Sage

Par 3's do not have fairways. Only par 4's. Your tee shot should land on the green.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We played it yesterday as well. We didn't lose any of ours. There were places we had to look. Two of us actually stepped on and found a couple. I'm sure it will be cut soon.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Gold member

They must have cut it recently. Wife and I played yesterday and found about 5 balls
Old 10-13-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Par 3's do not have fairways. Only par 4's. Your tee shot should land on the green.
The second hole at Silver Lake is a par 4. That entire fairway needed to be dug up and redone. Hopefully, they've done that and that's why the grass is a bit long now. That hole should also be redesigned.

A lot of money was spent at that course building a putting green in the wrong place, building cart paths and resodding the areas along the sides of the cart paths. The money should have been put toward rebuilding the second hole and building a new tee on number eight.

The course does have the best green of all of the executive courses that I've played I'll give it that. And does have a pretty good variety of shots. I would lengthen #4 to add another club that's needed to be hit, but the rest of it is OK.

Also, it would be really great if they thought about adding some bunkers.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 10-13-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The second hole at Silver Lake is a par 4. That entire fairway needed to be dug up and redone. Hopefully, they've done that and that's why the grass is a bit long now. That hole should also be redesigned.

A lot of money was spent at that course building a putting green in the wrong place, building cart paths and resodding the areas along the sides of the cart paths. The money should have been put toward rebuilding the second hole and building a new tee on number eight.

The course does have the best green of all of the executive courses that I've played I'll give it that. And does have a pretty good variety of shots. I would lengthen #4 to add another club that's needed to be hit, but the rest of it is OK.

Also, it would be really great if they thought about adding some bunkers.
I believe Silver Lake is the only executive course without bunkers except for the waste area between #2 and #8. I always wondered why it's the only executive course you can drive the cart on all over and it's overall packed soil. Maybe the elevation?
Closed Thread

Tags
silver, balls, lost, forward, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.