Silver Lake Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Had the misfortune to play Silver Lake last Monday. They need to stop driving on it as the bare dirt is impossible to play. Got behind the slowest golfers and when we said something to the Ambassador and pointed out there were 3 open holes ahead of them he said they paid their fee to play same as us. Why the hell are we paying someone without a back bone to govern play. I'd rather have a good looking lady sell beverages around the courses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 hours to play 9 holes is UNACCEPTIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Had the misfortune to play Silver Lake last Monday. They need to stop driving on it as the bare dirt is impossible to play. Got behind the slowest golfers and when we said something to the Ambassador and pointed out there were 3 open holes ahead of them he said they paid their fee to play same as us. Why the hell are we paying someone without a back bone to govern play. I'd rather have a good looking lady sell beverages around the courses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 hours to play 9 holes is UNACCEPTIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you probably should have just skipped ahead one hole and enjoyed the rest of the play. silver lake tends to have a slower than average group of players many of which are super seniors. you will be one too 'maybe'

Quote:
LAST MONDAY? And today is Monday...... glad you vented before you blew up.

well said, CWGUY and red tail, it's all about fun at our age!

gigi55...you can still have fun and play at the proper pace.

Marka...if you haven't called GMS(they manage the courses)and said something about that ambassador then you should. They may not be paid much, but they are paid to keep up pace of play on the championship courses. The ambassadors response sounds like they are part of the "entitled" problem everywhere. Even thought they paid their fee it does not give them the right to do as they please. Others paid to be able to play in a reasonable amount of time.

Quote:
Did you ask to play through??? I would have. That's the problem, people are always in a rush....It kind of reminds me of the Charley Chaplin Movies....Just be patient and polite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi55 View Post
well said, CWGUY and red tail, it's all about fun at our age!
Right! I love 3 hour 9 hole rounds. Even better, 6 hour 18 hole rounds. What better way to waste your remaining life away than to stand around hitting a little ball every 7 minutes or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
Did you ask to play through??? I would have. That's the problem, people are always in a rush....It kind of reminds me of the Charley Chaplin Movies....Just be patient and polite.
In a rush!!!??? 3 hours to play 9 holes?! It's supposed to take 1.5 hours, not 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
In a rush!!!??? 3 hours to play 9 holes?! It's supposed to take 1.5 hours, not 3 hours.
Did you break 100?

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, holes, silver, lake, govern, back, bone, paying, fee, hell, hours, courses, unacceptible, cus, beverages, good, lady, sell, slowest, golfers, monday, impossible, stop, bare, dirt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.